• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Musclenerd on Twitter: @MuscleNerd: Those at 7.x waiting for JB, maybe treat 7.0.4 as exercise in restraint. Won’t affect JB if you slip up, but test your ability to avoid it!

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Musclenerd on Twitter: @MuscleNerd: Those at 7.x waiting for JB, maybe treat 7.0.4 as exercise in restraint. Won’t affect JB if you slip up, but test your ability to avoid it!

That sounds a little wishy washy. I wish he would have given a more definitive answer. "Yeah, go ahead and update." :p

Comment

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Haha, he also posted:
@MuscleNerd: …but for those enjoying the 6.x JB, avoid 7.0.4 . There’s no going back (always worth saying that for sake of JB newbies)

But he wrote that it wont affect the JB so! :)

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That sounds a little wishy washy. I wish he would have given a more definitive answer. "Yeah, go ahead and update." :p

Yeah I really don't get why he put it like that. I know he says it's ok to update but I still have this feeling that I might regret it.

Comment

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Yeah I really don't get why he put it like that. I know he says it's ok to update but I still have this feeling that I might regret it.

Maybe he wants people to get nervous!

Comment

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
What do you guys think I have an iPhone 5 that is on 6.1.4. Go ahead and update to 7.0.4 or just wait and see if there is a JB for 6.1.4?

Comment

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

MuscleNerd would never falsely declare a firmware update safe to jailbreakers if it was not.

I think it goes back to the old jailbreaker motto of don't rush into firmware updates.

I updated both of my iPhone 5S's and iPad Air and firmly believe it will not affect my options to jailbreak.

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
MuscleNerd would never falsely declare a firmware update safe to jailbreakers if it was not.

I think it goes back to the old jailbreaker motto of don't rush into firmware updates.

I updated both of my iPhone 5S's and iPad Air and firmly believe it will not affect my options to jailbreak.

I wasn't doubting him at all, just that i still have that feeling because he didn't give us a clear cut straight forward answer.

Comment

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Well there's no jailbreak out to test it but otherwise it's working fine :p

Haven't made any FaceTime calls yet though.

I know :p:p:p
How great!
Will update my iPhone tomorrow!
:apple:

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
iH8sn0w gave the green light too if anyone needs extra reassurance. Can't seem to upload pictures on Tapatalk but you can check on his timeline on Twitter.

Comment

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
iH8sn0w gave the green light too if anyone needs extra reassurance. Can't seem to upload pictures on Tapatalk but you can check on his timeline on Twitter.

Yea I saw that aswell.

Comment

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
So everyone suggest stay on 6.1.4?? That wincom better come out with a jb before 7.0 jb haha

Comment

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Here's a list of all files that have been changed between iOS 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 for the iPhone 5S model iPhone6,1.

Attachments

• iPhone6,1-703-704.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,156
Last edited:
Comment

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca

if MN and this man say so, it's a go.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.