General 7.0.4 safe

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iiPwn, Nov 14, 2013.

  1. iiPwn macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #1
    Musclenerd on Twitter: @MuscleNerd: Those at 7.x waiting for JB, maybe treat 7.0.4 as exercise in restraint. Won’t affect JB if you slip up, but test your ability to avoid it!
     
  2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    That sounds a little wishy washy. I wish he would have given a more definitive answer. "Yeah, go ahead and update." :p
     
  3. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #3
    Haha, he also posted:
    @MuscleNerd: …but for those enjoying the 6.x JB, avoid 7.0.4 . There’s no going back (always worth saying that for sake of JB newbies)

    But he wrote that it wont affect the JB so! :)
     
  4. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #4
    Yeah I really don't get why he put it like that. I know he says it's ok to update but I still have this feeling that I might regret it.
     
  5. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #5
    Maybe he wants people to get nervous!
     
  6. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #6
    Well it's worked on me! :p
     
  7. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #7
    Well, Im still at 6.1.4 so I better go get 7.0.4. When the next update comes it might be too late! :p
     
  8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    #8
    It worked on me to! :eek:
     
  9. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #9
    Screw it I'm gonna update :p
     
  10. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    #10
    My iPod and iPad 3 are both jailbroken 6.1.2. I wish I could update them to 7.0 with a jailbreak... Oh well.
     
  11. macornomac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    #11
    What do you guys think I have an iPhone 5 that is on 6.1.4. Go ahead and update to 7.0.4 or just wait and see if there is a JB for 6.1.4?
     
  12. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
  13. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #13
    MuscleNerd would never falsely declare a firmware update safe to jailbreakers if it was not.

    I think it goes back to the old jailbreaker motto of don't rush into firmware updates.

    I updated both of my iPhone 5S's and iPad Air and firmly believe it will not affect my options to jailbreak.
     
  14. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #14
    Not sure in my case! :D
     
  15. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #15
    I wasn't doubting him at all, just that i still have that feeling because he didn't give us a clear cut straight forward answer.
     
  16. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #16
    Nice! Impulse, that's how to roll. So… how did it go? :cool:
     
  17. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #17
    Well there's no jailbreak out to test it but otherwise it's working fine :p

    Haven't made any FaceTime calls yet though.
     
  18. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #18
    I know :p:p:p
    How great!
    Will update my iPhone tomorrow!
    :apple:
     
  19. 3bs macrumors 603

    3bs

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #19
    iH8sn0w gave the green light too if anyone needs extra reassurance. Can't seem to upload pictures on Tapatalk but you can check on his timeline on Twitter.
     
  20. iiPwn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2011
    #20
    Yea I saw that aswell.
     
  21. macornomac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    #21
    So everyone suggest stay on 6.1.4?? That wincom better come out with a jb before 7.0 jb haha
     
  22. darricksailo macrumors 601

    darricksailo

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2012
    #22
    What iDevice do you have?
     
  23. Intell, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

    Intell macrumors P6

    Intell

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Location:
    Inside
    #23
    Here's a list of all files that have been changed between iOS 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 for the iPhone 5S model iPhone6,1.
     

    Attached Files:

  24. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

    rick snagwell

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2011
    Location:
    oceanside, ca
    #24
    if MN and this man say so, it's a go.
     
  25. macornomac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    #25
    Iphone 5
     

Share This Page