7.0.6 Battery Life

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
This has nothing to do with the update, it's simply how you've used your 'phone.

Last edited:

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
In all fairness mine has always been good, even from 7.0.1 when i got my 5s. Each upgrade has neither improved that or made it any worse.

Attachments

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
How is 2 days on a single charge bad? The only way I see you getting more is to leave the phone completely idle.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Actually I think my battery life is worse with 7.0.6 than it was with 7.0.4.

I use my phone about the same amount every day, and with the .6 update it is definitely harder on the battery.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
3 days? Do you partially charge your phone throughout the day?
No, i don't. Single charge each time and i run it to under 20% remaining before charging. Once i month i let the battery completely run out. Everything apart from App refresh and blue tooth is on. It was a major surprise after my 4s.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I feel like mine is a lot better my Air would drop quick it's been on the same charge since I updated 3 days ago and I've used it a lot

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
I just updated to 7.0.6 last night and used my phone all day and just went to 1% so I am charging now so I'm curious to see how my battery life will be compared to iOS6 which I always got great battery life on.

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA

I use my phone about the same amount every day, and with the .6 update it is definitely harder on the battery.
i would have to second this. iPhone 5 launch day phone had amazing battery life up until 7.0.6. updated ota and have not changed how i use my phone in any way.

after day one i chalked it up to my ocd or me just using it more but after a few days on the latest update i'm around 20% by the end of the day on a full charge when i was about 40%.

nalk7

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008

I thrice this, my iPhone 5S has had extraordinary battery life until iOS 7.0.6. I'm using my phone the same way and my battery is significantly shorter, it also seems to get hot after using whatsapp for more than an hour, something that didn't happen before the update. Im debating on whether doing a DFU restore or waiting for iOS 7.1 and DFU restore then.

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
I'm getting better battery life since 7.0.6
Right with the update I stopped closing apps that run in the background (before the update I closed every single app) and before the update I had battery life maxed out around 6-6.5 hours (phone Schützling down by it's after couple minutes using with 1%). Yesterday I has 7 hours 10 minutes when I got the popup that I have 20% left.
Usage is still the same. Settings (background refresh off, parallax on, location service only for needed apps and time zone under system settings).

So I'm not sure if it's the update on my phone or the fact that I don't close apps anymore :D