7+ Jet Black (128/256) Date Change Thread

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
this needs its own thread since it seems to be the biggest pain point. tons of people put in pre-orders for the 128gb and 256gb jet black phones right after midnight and received a late sept or october date. the question on date movement has also been asked over and over in the other stickies.

lets keep this updated with any date movement.

i got my confirmation email 12:06, CC has been authorized, dates currently showing Sept 26-Oct3

plus only.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I got my confirmation at 12:03 and have the same dates as you. Used Apple Pay for checkout so no clue if they authorized anything yet. I don't think we will get them launch day. The 5s gold, black sport watch, cellular iPad mini 2, etc all had similar delays and no one got them launch day

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
I've preordered the iPhone every year you've been able to do it online. I camped in line for the first iPhone.

As someone with a decent amount of experience; every year, Apple's shipment dates are very conservative. Just last year, with Rose Gold, many people had 2-3 week delays, and then at the last second got their phone on release day or a few days after.

THAT SAID, the past isn't a guarantee for the future. Sure, maybe us 7+ Jet Black peeps will be waiting until late in the month and into October. This year we might get screwed. But it's definitely holding out a little hope and wishing for the best.

At the very least - know your worry isn't gonna change anything. For use 23rd and beyond folks, it's not like anyone has a Jet Black 7+ from Apple with guaranteed release day delivery. So, you're not really "behind."

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
I've preordered the iPhone every year you've been able to do it online. I camped in line for the first iPhone.

As someone with a decent amount of experience; every year, Apple's shipment dates are very conservative. Just last year, with Rose Gold, many people had 2-3 week delays, and then at the last second got their phone on release day or a few days after.

THAT SAID, the past isn't a guarantee for the future. Sure, maybe us 7+ Jet Black peeps will be waiting until late in the month and into October. This year we might get screwed. But it's definitely holding out a little hope and wishing for the best.

At the very least - know your worry isn't gonna change anything. For use 23rd and beyond folks, it's not like anyone has a Jet Black 7+ from Apple with guaranteed release day delivery. So, you're not really "behind."
some people said they got release date for 7+ JB 256 apparently...even though i thought they opened at 9/23 and after.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
some people said they got release date for 7+ JB 256 apparently...even though i thought they opened at 9/23 and after.
I Don't think anyone did. They are mistaking them for the normal black.

In the past people got pushed from later dates but people did get initial launch day. For this no one did which is why I don't think they will push up.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012

I have seen quite a few, no idea how though.

Ludatyk

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2012
Texas
I wonder will there be a crazy line this year?

I stood in line for some iPhone launches. Last year I did a online preorder which went smoothly... Perhaps if Apple did a 2 week wait period from last years that popular models wouldn't go so quickly.

But then Apple has two extra models so that's another angle to it.

SisterBlue22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I went through the foolishness of trying to renew the AUP first and discovered everything sold out immediately, so I didn't decide to change course and get my order in for the full price Jet Black 7+ 128GB until 12:37am, and I got a date of "November". Not even a day...just November. Sad face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.