720p OTA Uploading via Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jshort, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jshort macrumors regular

Curious if there's an app available either via Rock or Cydia that will allow HD video to be uploaded over the air via Wifi or 3G?

2. simplellama macrumors newbie

simplellama

No need to jailbreak. Use pixelPipe from the app store. It can upload 720p over 3G to YouTube, etc. Slow, but works. Even works in the background.

3. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

No need for a jb or pixelpipe free app In AppStore called 720tube.

4. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

Yeah, PixelPipe requires signing up for a service, 720tube is direct from the iPhone

5. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Tried 720tube...

I like pixelpipe better... it doesn't compress the video (or it looks like it doesn't) and no advertisement.

6. cmb741 macrumors member

There is actually a file mod that allows you to upload using the Native methods. Unfortunately the site with the directions is down. I have the files, I just don't wanna post the directions cause i'm not sure that I'm not forgetting anything. Gimme a few.

Second thought. I don't think I'm allowed post the edited .Plist here so If anyone wants them you're probably better of PMing me and i'll email them to ya.

ALSO , This is not my mod and I apologize to the Orig. OP But the site where I found this is down & I cant remember his/her Username but As soon as I can find out than I will edit this.

So thank you to the OP.

7. cmb741 macrumors member

Finally, they're back up
    This mod was done by brokentwice. Here is a link to the original thread http://http://xsellize.com/topic/76638-iphone-4-video-capture-and-facetime-mms-rate-limit-removed/page__hl__brokentwice. This guy worked pretty hard to get this going so I if it works for ya track him down and say thanks.

brokentwice: "These Files will Allow you to Upload Video To Facebook and Youtube At 720P (Facebook App Will upload on the fly and Also From Album)

This will also boost your Facetime Phone Call FPS to 30FPS up from the stock 15FPS !

MMS RATE NOT YET IMPLEMENTED Due to MMS limit on Carrier (Coming soon have to test more)"

Always backup your original files BEFORE replacing them (I rename them to the same and add an "Original" prefix).

Place N90.zip into System/Library/Privateframeworks/Celestial.framework/N90

And N90.zip into System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.Framework/N90

Full Reboot. That's it!

It seems as my instructions had you placing the file N18 in /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N18. These files should actually be places in:
    System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.Framework/N90.
    I,m glad that this didn't cause any issues for anyone and I apologize. I used Ifile to search for the files and found them in N18 so that's what I posted.
    Anyways a email has been sent to everyone who PMed me for the files with the correct instructions.
    pwned buy skball123. :-/

8. bushibia macrumors member

Is there anyway to edit the plists to email large video files natively? And perhaps mms? Although I'm not sure what the size limit is on att's network.

9. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

The videos I upload to facebook via PixelPipe seem to get downgraded significantly. Maybe there's a setting?

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

that's great n all expect I don't have "these" files.

11. cmb741 macrumors member

Again, I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to post the .plist so include your email in the PM please.

12. skball123 macrumors regular

I found out how to do it by googling. Both folders at the end should be N90. Not N18.

13. cmb741 macrumors member

"I found out how to do it by googling. Both folders at the end should be N90. Not N18. "

Really? Your cool.
    It doesn't matter what the folders are named. They are not going on you're phone. If you follow the original directions you'll see that the files( Inside the folders ;)) get placed in the corresponding folders on the device.
    Since I pulled the files off my phone I felt that it would be A little easier for them to be named as the folders they are being placed into (little more newb friendly, Don"t ya think?)

There are already several people who have done this with the above directions and had no issues.

Thanx :D

14. Evgenyy macrumors regular

Does anyone know the difference between various Nxx folders? I understand that N90 is there specifically for iPhone 4 but then how is changing files in N18 affect iPhone 4?

I am trying to do some other tweaks and just want to understand what plist files iPhone 4 uses by default in those folders.

Many thanks!

15. cmb741 macrumors member

Bump.

Wow, Over 350 veiws to this thread since this was posted & only a small handfull of people are interested? Nobody trusts a "newb" lol. :rolleyes:

Anyways, to the people who have used this please post your results so that everyone who is a little weary will know that this mod works.
    Sorry about asking for the email. I don't have a acct. anywhere to post these up so I'm not really sure how else to go about it.

16. skball123 macrumors regular

You know... I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, so thanks for that comment. I placed the two different folders of stuff in N90 folders in two different places. It worked for me. I am sorry that I was "being a jerk"...

I did that because N90 = iPhone 4. That was my thinking... I am glad your way worked. Mine did too.

I will say this, thanks for bringing the hack to my attention.

17. TroyJam macrumors member

TroyJam

This works great! Thanks for e-mailing the files.

18. cmb741 macrumors member

Yeah, When I first did this mod the folders were both Named N90. I just really didn't want to be responsible for someone who's not as familiar with the phones file system misplacing the files and having to restore etc. So I renamed them.
    I'm glad it worked out for ya. On that note: If you don't mind, Shoot me a email stating where you found this. I'd really like to edit my orig. post with the OPs name.
    I followed the original thread & know that he worked really hard to get this working. There were a few other threads on other forums that opened up ( (S*n********* for one) after he posted this with people trying to take credit for it.
    I'd like to be sure that he is the one who receives it.
    But the site with the orig. thread is still down.

I never called you a jerk, I just wasn't sure what you were trying to do with your post. If you hadn't tried it than you should not indicate that it wouldn't work.
    @least thats how I took it.
    Either way, No hard feelings. I'm glad it worked for ya.

19. thizzinG macrumors member

You found this info on xsellize. Trust me :rolleyes:
    Same dude made it so you can upload straight to facebook in 720P.

20. TriHFH macrumors member

FYI, this worked for me, thanks! I just successfully uploaded a 720P video to YouTube from the stock Photos application. I haven't tried the "Increased FaceTime FPS," though, so I can't report on that part of it.

21. cmb741 macrumors member

Yeah, I know where I found it buddy. Last I checked the site was still down.
    If you want to post something useful why don't ya post the OPs username so I can edit my first post.
    Thanx

22. SpeedracerX macrumors newbie

Can you send me the files. -thx

23. Tucana macrumors newbie

24. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

HD vid uploads over 3g would be (are) awesome, but wouldn't that absolutely kill your data limit unless you got grandfathered into an unlimited plan?