sunfire7

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
I updated my 5s from 8.0 to 8.0.2 OTA and lost cellular. I did an erase all content and restored from backup and all seems fine now

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Updated mine via iTunes last night. Phone seems to run smoother and I haven't encountered any bugs yet.

No issues during the installation, other than some error message about the phone not being able to reconnect to iTunes during the final reboot. The phone had already been updated by that time, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and everything reconnected. Not sure if this is related to the occasional "This accessory is not supported" message I receive when using a Lightning connection.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Should I stay on 8.0 or update to 8.0.2? I have an iPhone 6 plus.
I don't why you wouldn't want to update, given the lack of showstopping reported bugs. Just make sure that you have your phone backed up before doing any OS update. And if you have photos and messages you want to keep on your phone, you should do the back up with iTunes.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Updated mine via iTunes last night. Phone seems to run smoother and I haven't encountered any bugs yet.

No issues during the installation, other than some error message about the phone not being able to reconnect to iTunes during the final reboot. The phone had already been updated by that time, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and everything reconnected. Not sure if this is related to the occasional "This accessory is not supported" message I receive when using a Lightning connection.
Are you using an Apple cable? or third party one?

echo2011

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I updated my iPhone 5 from 7.1.2 to 8.0.2 without any problems, it's running as smooth as 7 was for me. Next up is my iPad Air.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
I don't why you wouldn't want to update, given the lack of showstopping reported bugs. Just make sure that you have your phone backed up before doing any OS update. And if you have photos and messages you want to keep on your phone, you should do the back up with iTunes.
I'm looking to jailbreak my iPhone but wasn't sure if 8.0.2 would be compatible.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
I couldn't get the update for 8.0.2 over the air as I was still on iOS 8 GM so I updated from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 through iTunes and everything worked fine.

When I tried to do it over the air and skip 8.0.1 it said that I wasn't connected to the internet and couldn't validate the update with the update servers.

Seems fine so far.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Are you using an Apple cable? or third party one?
Primarily happens with a third party cable that came with a Belkin car charger I bought at the Apple Store.

But, the message that cropped up during the iTunes update occurred with an Apple cable. This message hasn't had any major impact on anything yet, but I am a bit concerned that it might start happening more frequently as my phone ages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.