Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

businessnumbersmoneypeopl

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2020
My question is will an average user see the difference between the 8 and 10 core? work on power point, outlook (hundreds of emails at a time), photos, multiple browsers, zoom etc.
thx

I think a useful way to look at this is that on Geekbench, the 8 core version is about twice as fast as the fastest 2020 Intel MBP was. Should be more than enough computing power for an average (pro) user.

SimonQ

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2021
I have a very similar experience with memory use. I mostly use just basic office applications and still often find the 8gb memory so full that it slows down the computer. I didn't have such problem earlier when I had a 16gb Air from my workplace but still decided to go 32gb, as I'm hoping to keep using the new MBP as long as possible.

Hence, I ended up with almost identical configuration with an exception of 1 Tb SSD. And that's mostly just because of my own laziness – I like to carry all my library of photos with me even though I could just have them on an external drive.
Thanks for the reply. I've also changed and going for 1TB - not cheap but it's peace of mind, never have to think about RAM or SSD for years!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.