8 defects in my iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deriko100, Aug 7, 2008.

1. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Ok its been almost a month and i realized i had 8 defects and wanted to know what i should do but for now heres the list

-light leak
    -apple logo cheaply painted like dots of paint
    -volume up/down button loose
    -silent/ringer switch is tilted when you put it to silent
    -screen is tilted
    -dead pixel
    -when i wake up my iphone 3g i get about a 2-3 second lag its not responsive right away
    -my iphone 3gs screen is like a old tv when you turn it off you see a line in the middle of the screen before it turns off

i was thinking about calling applecare and see if they could send me a new iphone 3g, can you guys help me out like what to say :D

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

All except that final one with the line are actual problems. Most people have the line across the screen when you turn it off. I think it has to do with the technology used for the screen not being the same for most LCD screens, so it looks foreign.

TEG

3. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

I was gonna be like, "Aww, poor baby. Light leaks. We all have em."
    But I decided to feel sympathy.
    Just call them and say, "Hey- there are a few defects with my iPhone. (in this spot briefly give them out, but don't be long and dragging with it) I feel like as if I didn't get my 200 dollar's worth, so I was hoping that I could maybe get a replacement."

Done deal.

4. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Call them and tell them your problems. (1-888-my-iphone) They will suggest taking it to an apple store and letting them look at it. If there isnt one around you, they will more than likely send you a box (overnight) you send it back via fedex, and most of the time you get your replacment shipped out (overnight) they day they recieve it.

5. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for replying

thanks ill call applecare up today and ill tell you how it goes :D hope i get a new one

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Definitely call Apple, or bring it in! Too many problems for any devise let alone an iPhone. Good luck, and let us know!

7. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

what department

can someone tell me what department to call?

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The iPhone deparment for Technical Support.

TEG

9. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

repair

im on the phone with tech support and they're gonna repair my iphone 3g i hope they cant fix it so then they have to send me a new one

10. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Why not just walk into genius bar and get it replaced at the spot?

11. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

i was afraid they wouldn't have any if they dont fix my phone im gonna replace it at the genius bar...

12. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

There's nothing to be fixed...it's less than 1 month old. Personally I would accept only a brand new iPhone replacement and nothing else, and I'll make sure that's indeed the case at genius bar. Doing it on the phone won't get you far.

13. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

blah

i would have gotten a replacement if the iphone tech rep was smart she thought that my screen being tilted was a hardware issue she told me to restart the phone lmao

14. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

best skins ever

i have a bestskinsever and it covers the whole phone would i need to take it off to repair my iphone

15. ventmore macrumors 6502

Yes you'll need to take it off, as you need a replacement...not a repair. I can't believe you're even contemplating letting them repair it when it's less than a month old.

16. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

so what do you want me to do then call applecare up tell them i want a replacment since my phones not even a month old

17. ventmore macrumors 6502

As already suggested...walk into the Genius Bar and ask for a replacement......they won't even hesitate with a list of problems like that :)

18. Pixellated macrumors 65816

*Sigh* Yes! :)

19. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

No kidding, don't expect to get anything done over the phone if you want result.

20. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

genius bar

do i need a genius bar appointment to exchange my iphone

21. BlueCynicalMoon macrumors newbie

I highly doubt they are going to repair it. They said the same thing on Monday when it came to the crack on my 16 GB White. They ended up just replacing it.

I am just waiting for Fed Ex to deliver my phone. It sucks not having an Apple store locally.

22. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

23. The General macrumors 601

Or just call Apple and see if they will ship you an advanced replacement unit like they did with me. There are no more loaner phones with the 3G, they just ship you your new one right away with a box to ship the old one back in, or you can sell the old one on eBay and pocket the extra if you sell it for more than $399 or $499.

24. McGiord, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Besides all the hardware defects, the main one I am interested into know about is the responsiveness after you wake it up.
    I did notice that my iPhone 3G isn't as fast as the previous one when switching from one app to another.
    What firmware version does your iPhone have?
    How much free space your iPhone has?
    I will update mine Today and hope to see a difference.

BTW: ask for a replacement and forget about the defects, be sure to inspect the replacement one before leaving the store.
    ________
    one vaporizer reviews

25. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

ugh

thanks i got a reservation for 5 tommorow lets hope they exchange it so what do i tell them i have a light leak on the left side and my silent/ringer switch isnt straight and volume up/down switch is shaking and then ask for a replacement?