Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Spikeanator6982, Jan 19, 2008.
the bto option for the 8800 now says 2-4 weeks, incase nobody has noticed.
Didn't notice. Thanks for the info...
boy i would be mad if someone just ordering their macpro now got it before me. ( i know this wont be the case)
Someone did indeed mention this in another 8800 thread. Have a look...
Do the math... one week ago they were claiming 3-5 weeks, now lets take away one week and what do we get... 2-4 weeks. WOW - EARTH SHATTERING!
I'm just being a trolling prick (take no offense)
LOL, yes, but 3-5 weeks could have meant, they had no idea how long it would be. since it decreased they must have a pretty good idea.
no offense, I actually laughed when I read it.
What he said. I mean seriously.... you have to be kidding???
You might have been onto something if it suddenly said "1 week"...
So, in 2 to 4 weeks, then it should be "Estimated Ship: Within 24 hours".
Well, in no more than 4 weeks. It'll still depend on what other config options you choose.
Unfortunately, not always true.
When you get to the end of the quoted shipping time Apple sometimes send you a "we have experienced an unexpected delay..." email, instead of a "here's your tracking number" email. Hopefully this doesn't happen for all those who have ordered the 8800, but there's no guarantee in that ships by date.
I bet next week it will say 1-3 weeks.....
With the topic of this thread being "8800 now says 2-4 weeks", then I think the inference would be that we are talking about the 8800 and not other config. options.
Well I'd assume all the bto 8800 orders didn't just consist of a stock 2.8 with the card... that sure seems like a lot of time for your otherwise ready-to-go $3,000 machine to be sitting in a warehouse. *shrug*
whilst a lot of people have been discounting this because it is just 3-5 weeks minus the week that has past, doesn't this possibly indicate that something other than hardware shortages are holding it back? giving more credibility to the theory about the 10.5.2 release on the 29th. see the other thread floating around about that...
clearly if someone ordered it today and got is within 2-4 weeks, then they would get it within the same timeframe as someone who ordered it on day 1.
and unless apple is in the habit of hoarding ready to ship hardware until they can do a massive shipment i find this a bit bizzare...seems to me that either hardware production has improved and the backlog from initial rush of orders has been covered or apple is holding back shipping till 10.5.2 is all ready...
Guys, it is definately because of 10.5.2. No drivers = no working 8800GT and seeing that 10.5.1. hasn't got 8800GT included then we are waiting for the leopard update. I can buy 8800GT online and have it in 2 days so the card itself is not a problem at all. Seeing that base models were already delivered to many people the drivers are the only issue here. Apple is slacking behind and I don't see any reason why they just can't release single small update for the 10.5.1 to include 8800GT drivers. We could have had MP with 8800GT by now but Steve was busy showing off "nothing" at MWSF so we have to wait, AGAIN. I actually think that the reason why they don't want to do it is because more products are involved (like MBA, TC perhaps) so 10.5.2. is easier for them. Well, I hope they will speed it up as this waiting is insane.
I would find this hard to believe. Not sure where you live that you can get an (Apple?) 8800GT in two days (Apple store says 5-7 weeks for me), but let's assume that true. Let's also allow that you ordered your MP with the 2600 and you therefore have a machine in which to place the 8800GT on Jan. 22nd when it arrives.
Are you suggesting that your 8800GT won't work until a week later on Jan. 29 when 10.5.2 is (theoretically) released and provides a driver? i.e. Apple sold, billed for, and shipped to you a piece of hardware that they knew won't work. (deja vu )
BTW - I've seen other reports of fairly low delays on ship dates for the 8800GT upgrade kit, mostly from European Apple stores. However, I haven't seen any reports of anyone actually receiving one. There was one guy in Italy who claimed to have one, but I don't think there have been any subsequent postings from him, so likely a fake.
If ALL orders for 8800GT were delayed until after release of 10.5.2, then the driver theory makes sense.
I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. I meant that I can easily get 8800GT for PC in 2 days. I know that it is a bit different as the one for Apple needs different settings on the card but that is again Apple's fault as Nvidia has clearly enough cards available so the problem lies in Apple's hands. Either driver issue or firmware on the card but that would be Apple's fault too. Why? Well, if I am going to release something then I clearly know that I need to inform Nvidia in advance to produce the cards on time. If I don't and they get last minute notice (as I pressume that could also be the case as Apple wanted to keep the update in secrete) then it's their fault, again. I think the 3-5 (now 2-4) waiting time is ridicilous. They should have been more prepared. Waiting over 1 month for a computer because of a graphic card is simply insane.
Yup, agree with you completely - I can walk into a local store and have my choice of 7 different brands of PC 8800GT. Hardware availability is not an issue.
I checked a few of the different Apple stores (UK, Ireland, Italy, and Hong Kong) for the 8800GT and they are all now consistent at 5-7 weeks for the upgrade kit. Apple must be planning on dedicating all available 8800 product to fill the backlog of MP+8800 orders.
UK store is now 2-3 weeks. Its getting closer and closer )))
Yes, and the MacBook Air also has a status of 2-3 weeks, yet we all know its coming out around Jan 29th, so who knows...
Same 2-3 weeks in Finland store
2-3 in Belgium !
Huh, the standalone indicates a 5 - 7 week wait. Must be so they can accommodate the BTOs first.
The only thing that bothers me is that if someone orders now then that person will receive it before me. Mine says 28th February. I'll have to call Apple to ask them to change that as I think its fair to receive it before those people that order today etc.
i just checked the US store, same thing 2-3 weeks