Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

charlie wax

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
To me it is. Because it wasn't like this before. Try the same thing with other IM apps i.e. Whatsapp or Viber. They close normally and will relaunch on conversations list not like stock Messages app.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
To me it is. Because it wasn't like this before. Try the same thing with other IM apps i.e. Whatsapp or Viber. They close normally and will relaunch on conversations list not like stock Messages app.
Just because other messenger apps have a specific behavior, doesn't make the behavior of Apple's messenger app a bug. I think this is intentional. I don't know about you, but sometimes I'm not paying attention to the apps I'm closing out, and if Messages is one of them, as soon as I relaunch it, its exactly where I left it before I accidentally closed it.

charlie wax

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Just because other messenger apps have a specific behavior, doesn't make the behavior of Apple's messenger app a bug. I think this is intentional. I don't know about you, but sometimes I'm not paying attention to the apps I'm closing out, and if Messages is one of them, as soon as I relaunch it, its exactly where I left it before I accidentally closed it.
I'm 100% sure that this wasn't present in iOS 8.4.1

Reactions: permar

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
So

So this is a new feature added in iOS 9.3.2 beta?

An undocumented fix rather than a feature. I never tried it, but 9.3.2 Beta 1 apparently did not fix the widespread BT problem the SE had with OEM car kits and headsets. Beta 2 did, and Beta 3 maintains the fix. I personally have found way less stuttering in Beta 3 than Beta 2 on my SE, but I'll take either to fix the BT problem.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
What are springboard crashes?
If you have a device with Touch ID, you will have a better feeling of springboard crash.

Basically, this is sometimes your phone suddenly show the startup screen (a single Apple in the centre of screen), and quickly return to home screen. If your device have Touch ID, then you will notice Touch ID still works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.