Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I had zero stability issues on iOS 8
Interesting how different people/devices experience different things with the same iOS versions on same hardware. I got a new iPhone 6 on launch day with iOS 8 and it crashed all over the place with safari, watching videos, rotating to landscape and various other small issues. Was SO glad when after several updates later it finally became more stable. It took a while before iOS 8 could be called "stable" from most peoples perspective. Maybe people have different definitions of stable.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
My iPhone has been indexing ever since 9.0 came out. When will the performance improve? How do I stop the indexing so that I can have an OS that's fast and smooth like 8.x?

Reactions: oodi

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My iPhone has been indexing ever since 9.0 came out. When will the performance improve? How do I stop the indexing so that I can have an OS that's fast and smooth like 8.x?
Your phone only indexes for the first 24~ hours after installing an update. And I am being generous with the 24 hours. mine is usually done after an hour. I always do a hard-reboot after an update to kill any additional background processes.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Your phone only indexes for the first 24~ hours after installing an update. And I am being generous with the 24 hours. mine is usually done after an hour. I always do a hard-reboot after an update to kill any additional background processes.
I think what was said was more sarcastic than anything else.

oodi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015

I see what you did there.
You forgot to end your comment with \s

Reactions: Mlrollin91

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
enough betas for 9.x.x release.. now it's time for a final release
Not really as there's a major bug with those of us with iPad Pro 9.7 and springboard crashes. Apple has already told a few people that they're trying to fix it for this release. If not then in 9.3.3.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Not really as there's a major bug with those of us with iPad Pro 9.7 and springboard crashes. Apple has already told a few people that they're trying to fix it for this release. If not then in 9.3.3.

They can include this release to beta 4 or final. But I doubt there'll be a 4th beta. Never happened too many beta cycles for a minor release.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
They can include this release to beta 4 or final. But I doubt there'll be a 4th beta. Never happened too many beta cycles for a minor release.
Someone correct me if I am wrong. But I don't think there has ever been a beta cycle for a X.x.x release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.