Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Battery life is just as abysmal for me.

View attachment 631699

Safari and Phone are at the top with less than an hour each.

My usage hasn't changed, Apple says (along with other software) my battery is fine but I can no longer get anywhere remotely near ten hours of usage like I used too. Even music with the screen off can't do it let alone how I actually use the phone.

This was iOS 9.1 or 9.2. I was ecstatic about battery life.

View attachment 631702

Oh well.

Restore as new.

image.png

2h 41m usage, 79% battery.

Restored as new on 9.3.1 a week ago.

FloridaGary

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
With my normal daily usage I'm still at 85% battery in 6 hours. I use podcast , surfing and phone time so far.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
No change, same good battery as before.
6s plus.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 267

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Battery life is slightly worse for me but hopefully because it's doing the all-famous "indexing" procedure. Hopefully it'll improve tomorrow.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Battery life is slightly worse for me but hopefully because it's doing the all-famous "indexing" procedure. Hopefully it'll improve tomorrow.

What is the source of this "indexing" procedure? What is the name of this indexing process, the name someone can look for when they connect their ios device to a mac with xcode? What will happen is you will just get used to it by tomorrow.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
What is the source of this "indexing" procedure? What is the name of this indexing process, the name someone can look for when they connect their ios device to a mac with xcode? What will happen is you will just get used to it by tomorrow.

There is no "source".

I've just installed a new update. Files are changing, being updated, being deleted, being moved around, all this has an effect on battery life. It's "cleaning" the OS.

But yes, tomorrow, I'll hardly notice.

Reactions: jbachandouris

finchwizard

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2005
Australia
I've not noticed any issues, seems to run a bit smother for me on an iPhone 6Plus.

My main issue which drives me insane is the spotlight search doesn't work sometimes. But that's been that the entire 9 branch I recon.

You swipe down to search, type in something, and it will either work straight away or take half a second, or just flat out not work no matter how long you wait.
And if you're in a rush and trying to get a ticket up or an app quickly you can just forget it.

minato21

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
Installed - now when I make a phone call and put the phone up to my ear the screen goes off as planned, but when I bring the phone down to make a selection I can't get the screen to turn back on....so I can't even end the call.

UGH
You can end the call with the lock button.

First day of installing on my 5s

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 249
  • image.png
    image.png
    108 KB · Views: 248

cornycopier

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
Apple News seems to now be immediately crashing with every launch attempt. Anybody else? Not sure if it can be attributed to this update or not. But the timing seems conspicuous.

tbaer

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
Going from beta 4 to GM improved my battery life. I am on wifi calling a lot. About 20% better. It also resolved my issue of showing missed call duplicates that came through via wifi calling.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Going from beta 4 to GM improved my battery life. I am on wifi calling a lot. About 20% better. It also resolved my issue of showing missed call duplicates that came through via wifi calling.
What's the battery life like? Post a screenshot?

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
battery life seems to have improved a lot. I have also uninstalled Facebook app along with installing ios 9.3.2. I don't think Facebook app can have such a huge impact. My battery life has improved by 30-40 percent. I mean on 9.3.1 it used to drain like crazy.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
My 6s+ is lovely and smooth however had two weird bugs. Went to unlock it this morning, Half of the lower screen was missing and was black, no key pads for the pin. Second issue required me to restart was the phone got stuck in landscape mode.

I am loathed to reset as it is running really well, battery life seems improved too.

prtcool1193

Suspended
Jun 19, 2010
Is anyone having issues with the phone connecting to the Apple Watch? Mine keeps disconnecting after updating both devices. This just started happening today

Suspended
Apr 4, 2016
is there anything new for an ip5 ? i know it already received minimal updates since OS9, i really don't want to go too far with updates and find myself with a slower phone.
i'm not saying here that apple do this on purpose, but let's be honest, so far it happened constantly with each device, the latest supported version is never the fastest.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
is there anything new for an ip5 ? i know it already received minimal updates since OS9, i really don't want to go too far with updates and find myself with a slower phone.
i'm not saying here that apple do this on purpose, but let's be honest, so far it happened constantly with each device, the latest supported version is never the fastest.
It's a bug fix update, so just the fixes and related changes, along with various security issues being addressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.