Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you excited for the incoming iPhone 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This reminds me when everyone was getting all jacked up on the magical "Iphone 5" that was suppose to release after the 4, and all we got was the 4s. I know its the iphones 10 year anniversary but im just gonna stick with it being a 7s until around july when we start seeing some juicy potato camera leaks :)
We got to build up rumors of that revolutionary "teardrop" design again.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
7S will come next year ...Not the 8

The 8S will be a LOT BETTER than the 7S and the 8!

And it will come with the A13 processor

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
just give me wireless charging! I don't care what the new iPhone is called!

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
iPhone 8 will most likely have the most drastic hardware design change since the first iPhone. Hard not to be excited.

DUIduckSAUCE

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
For me the fails were the 6+ and 7+, I actually quite like the 6S+. Yet another iPhone using the same styling and bezel sizes would be a complete & utter fail for me. The Samsung S8 will blow the iPhone out of the water if that's the case.
The Samsung hardware will probably be superior to the next iPhone. The software and battery life will keep me purchasing an iPhone. But, maybe Samsung will surprise me.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The Samsung hardware will probably be superior to the next iPhone. The software and battery life will keep me purchasing an iPhone. But, maybe Samsung will surprise me.

I find the On Screen Time with the S7 Edge and Note 7 better than the 6S+ and the 7+. iPhone is still king with Stand-By Battery Life. But the margin is becoming very small, especially with Nougat. Even the V20 is close to having as good of Stand-By life as the 7+.

Performance, that's another issue. If Samsung goes with the 835 chip, then a big maybe. If they go with the 821 chip, then it most likely will not beat the 7+ performance. They will most likely go with the 835 though.

DUIduckSAUCE

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
I find the On Screen Time with the S7 Edge and Note 7 better than the 6S+ and the 7+. iPhone is still king with Stand-By Battery Life. But the margin is becoming very small, especially with Nougat. Even the V20 is close to having as good of Stand-By life as the 7+.

Performance, that's another issue. If Samsung goes with the 835 chip, then a big maybe. If they go with the 821 chip, then it most likely will not beat the 7+ performance. They will most likely go with the 835 though.
My battery life is erratic on my s7 edge. Sometimes is good. Sometimes not. My 7plus battery life is as good or better than a good day with my s7.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
My battery life is erratic on my s7 edge. Sometimes is good. Sometimes not. My 7plus battery life is as good or better than a good day with my s7.

That was my experience with Stand By life. But my On Screen life was always better with the S7 edge.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Well the latest tumors are only the flagship iphone in what may be 5.8" will feature a total redesign and the 4.7" and the 5.5" will be cut from the same cloth as the ip7 and will be the 7s and 7s+.

If that's the case, I may seriously consider the s8.

I'll be damned if I pay $700 for a LCD iPhone and the same old design.

I'd be more inclined to try Android then and in another 2 years when the standard 4.7" iPhone finally gets AMOLED...then I may come back.

At least see how the other half lives.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.