Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

114010-34bea79a75f70f__TMH7727_500.jpg

Tinthe provides more high quality photos as well as a hands on video with the latest leaked next generation iPhone. According to a rough translation, they did try connecting it to a Mac but with no luck getting iTunes to recognize it.

Here's a hands on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AAnUHePbe4

Article Link: Prototype iPhone Video, A4 Processor, High Resolution Screen?

AppleMactablet

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
iPhone HD

If you need anymore proof this is the next iPhone, then go start working for apple. This "iPhone HD looks awesome, I still wonder how Steve is gonna react come WWDC.

kRaZyEyEz

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2010
We've all heard about Apple leaking these phones on purpose. I am not sure if i beleive this but it would make some sense. When the results of a poll saying that android topped apple in sales(https://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/1...sales-exceed-iphone-in-the-u-s-for-first-time) they defended it saying about the amount of people in that poll and the amount they sold. 2 days later it just happens that an iPhone was found this time with some mysterious debug or sample screen. This is just my theory...

woode

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
My utterly uninformed guess: This is a production unit that was stolen off the assembly line in China or wherever. If it's launching in June as the rumors seem to indicate, it ought to be in production by now. Also, it's running the test suite, so that seems to bolster that thought for me. IOW, it's not a prototype actually, but a stolen production unit.

Those pics don't seem anywhere near clear enough to support a higher-resolution screen. Not saying it doesn't have a better screen, and I do think it does, it's just those pics suck.

ELScorcho9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
So are they implying that this is gonna be the exact same processor in the iPad? Or th same processor at a lower speed? It should be pretty impressive of they do it the same as the iPad.

Jamie 360

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Boston
Gawd, I hope these images are real. RIP cheezy chrome bezel. Now if I can just get my 3gs to hold together until I'm due for the upgrade again. (My lightly used white 3GS has a crack on the dock connector working it's way up, and the chrome bezel is separating in a few different spots--I ordered it when it first came out, never dropped it or banged it. :mad:)

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
I'd wager a lot that there *will* be a 64 GB version. I'm just hoping it takes the $299 price point. Given the prices of RAM in the past year (they haven't dropped much), I'm worried that 64 GB will cost $399.

inlovewithi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the A4 based on last generation Arm technology? Are other phones/tablets going to be faster?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Doesn't that seem a little odd though?

Couldn't it just be a knock-off with a burn-in screen image?

IMO it seems to detailed for a knock-off. However I can't think of a reason it shouldn't be fully operational, especially as the iPhone gizmodo brought was reported to be working prior to it being disabled by Apple. The plot thickens....

no_name

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
That text resolution comparison doesn't really prove anything. If you take the 320x240 text and blur it a slightly in PhotoShop (Gausian, radius: 1.1), it looks completely identical to the text above it.

modit

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
Is it like the 1st iPhone?

Anyone here think the new iPhone will have the same quality and build as the 1st generation iPhone. :confused:

I never tried the aluminunm one since the plastic 3G model was the 1st to come to Canada. I really liked the look of the original :p

Do you guys think the 4th gen looks better?

Guess will have to wait till June for the feel for it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.