Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Since I'm on the hunt for a slim, leather case for my iPad, similar to the Apple case I thought I would try to consolidate the great information from several threads into one so that our members will have an easier time finding links to the various options that are out there now.

Prices and availability quoted are current as of today (6/14/2010) and accurate to the best of my ability.

I won't promise that every single case will be included here but it seems like we need a common and more concise thread where people can go to find the majority of case resources.

Options for iPad cases

Apple Case - $39, availability limited
Vaja Leather Agenda - $280, 60 day production
(use the coupon code MACSTORIES to get 15% off through June 30)
Vaja ivolution - (pricing varies), 45 day production
Vaja limited edition - Available now, shipping now
PDAir - $79, available now
*note - PDAir has several models available - agenda, metal cases, rubberized cases, agenda-style cases.
SGP Vintage - $72.99, available for pre-order
Orbino - starting at $209, available for pre-order
Quirky Cloak - $42.00, available 6/24
Kroo Americana-West Napa Leather Apple iPad Case $18.99, available for pre-order
Otterbox - 2 cases available, $64.95 - $89.95, availability "coming soon"
Yoobao Genuine Executive Leather Case for iPad - $38.95, various sellers from eBay have this available ("DPLXY" is recommended by many).
Noreve Apple iPad Tradition leather case - ~$84, available June 16th
Noreve Apple iPad Tradition B leather case - ~$73, available now
**For Noreve, use promo code 'generationmp3' to get 15% off
Happy Owl Studio - available for pre-order
XGearLive Carbon Folio - $69.99, available now
Hard Candy Cases - $59.95 , available June 20
Dodocase - $49.95, 4-6 week delivery
InCase Convertible Book Jacket - $59.95, available now
Piel Frama Case - $135, 10 days production
Incipio - Feather case + other options
Marware Eco-Vue - $44.99, available now
M-Edge - several options available
Booq - several options available
Griffin Elan Passport - $49.99, available now
Temple Leather Case/Bag - $189.00, 1-2 weeks
Simplism Leather Case - $59.00, available now
HD Accessory Site - many options available
Fossil Sleeve - $40.00, available now
STM Bags iPad bag - $25, available on eBags
Sena Ultraslim (sleeve) - $59.99, ships within 24 hours
**20% off the preorder price for entering the code PCWIPINK11
Sena - other options
Waterfield Designs - several options (look at Muzetto bag!!)
Hard Graft iPad Cases - 3 options - unusual designs
Leather envelope - $39.99, ships 2-3 days
Targus Hughes Leather Portfolio Sleeve for iPad - Best price $56.99 @ Zones.com
InCase Travel Kit - $59.95
Etsy.com - many handmade, artistic options available
Tuff-Luv Multi-View (and it's sister case the Tuff-Luv Bi-Axis) ($40-$70 - - various prices for model & Leather/Veggie Leather)
Marware Eco Vue (and it's sister case the Marware Eco-Flip) $44.99
DRO Carbon Fiber iPad Case - $119.99
Radtech - screen protectors, cases and other iPad accessories
Saddleback leather company - Leather sleeves, pouches
Oberon Leather iPad case - $130, available now in several colors/designs
Power Support Leather Portfolio - $79.95, available for pre-order
Abas zippered portfolio - $135, available now
Slim iPad (PU) Leather Case - $23.70, available now
iSkin Vu and Duo Cases - $64.99 & $49.99, available June 22-29
Renaissance Art iPad cases - $67 & $82
Macally Bookstand - (part # is 8058227) $36.99
Foof iPad Sleeve - prices vary
iPad (pu) leather sleeve - Etsy vendor, $35, ships from Hong Kong, vedor is Xiao Zhi iPad Fashion by skyten Many other designs available.
Snugg Leather case - (UK)
Svelte Leather Case - $49.99.

Whew!!! Okay - that's the best I can do for now. Please feel free to post comments if I missed anything interesting.
**I will be adding any new links/new cases to the end of the list above. Sorry - not able to sort the list, just too hard to keep up.

Sandy

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Okay, seeing that you've looked at so many cases... What I am looking for is a case that is slim, preferably leather... I don't care about using it as an easel or a picture frame. Maybe one of the ones you've cataloged fits this.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Okay, seeing that you've looked at so many cases... What I am looking for is a case that is slim, preferably leather... I don't care about using it as an easel or a picture frame. Maybe one of the ones you've cataloged fits this.

You should probably just do the research. Can't have everything handed to you on a silver platter!

Try the "show me your cases" thread to see what you like. ;)

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Well done Sandy!!!

Any chance you can include BAGS for the ipad after it is its protective case?

I just put a thread up asking for input on carrying the iPad in public...but I just don't want to carry it around in any case with out a handle or a should strap.

I think it would be great if you could add that into your OP.

Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180515893450&_trksid=p2759.l1259 that is $12.00

Or, this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270588629580&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Also $12, but I don't think it is neoprene...maybe too big.

This is like one I have...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250600928078&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Not sure if this is exactly the same...the one I have is about 1" too big all the way around. It is good in that I can slip the pad in and out VERY easily. But, when I ride my bike around, it BARELY fits in the caboose with out curling the edge over. And, I want something smaller to carry in my hands when walking around stores, errands, etc.

Thanks!!

wodeh

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2007
Norwich
Ooo, nice job! I'd run out of lists to go through in my search for more iPad cases to review. Hopefully I wont already have exhausted every possibility presented here!

Edit: Not bad, a couple of new leads, and a handful who I'd already emailed but had not heard back from. Huzzah!

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Hi everyone. I'll do my best to edit my original post to include any of the cases that I missed.

Regarding the bag thread - yes, I've actually already thought about compiling one. My husband calls me the bag lady due to my love of handbags and bags for my electronics. I still have not found the perfect bag for me but I'm getting closer!

I don't mind doing the research but I don't think I'll bother trying to get the list in alphabetical order since it will be more of a challenge to maintain than I personally have time for. If an admin wished to reorder the list - be by guest.

Hope the information will be helpful now that it's mostly in a single solid list.

Sandy

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010

Did you try my links? It took forever to do so maybe try one??

Here is another case, probably not leather but might suit your needs:

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-rugged-slim-leather-case-black-free-screen-protector-p-134322.html

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Actually I clicked on about 10 or so of your links. I'm thinking of having a case made for it.

You might consider contacting one of the vendors/artists at Etsy.com. I'll bet they would make something custom for you.

Good luck!

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Great job and I really think this post needs a sticky!

Also Sandy, I think Abas should be on the list. I just did a review on my blog and they have a beautiful selection of covers.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Here is one you didn't cover. I just got one and it is stunning and very functional. Take a look at the Celtic Hounds in chocolate color.

http://oberondesign.com/iPad.php

6117.jpg

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Do you live in the magical kingdom of Landover? :D

I have had Oberon covers for my Kindle and they are beautifully made. Not everyones taste maybe, ESP not this techno crowd. ;) Still, they offer something very special for those who want a distinctive cover.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
3goldens said:
Medal of iPad awarded to sandydlc!:cool:

:) Thank you!

I have to assume that this is my old friend 3Goldens from the OQOTalk forum? Nice to see you here!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.