Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leeschill

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2009
Nice list indeed. We 'toyed' with the idea of letting people try the cases before purchasing but the cost is simply to much. (someone mentioned a try before you buy earlier). Have a few models on hand and mail them back and forth to buyers. Its always hard to judge a case by pictures, but the more high quality images we have from the manufacturer always seems to have a direct correlation to whats sold on our store.

The SGP Argos is becoming a hot seller over the Vintage case that sold well a month ago.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I do have a day job! :)

Maybe someone could create a public google doc with this information so we can divide the effort?

Done!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av1TgV270uIadFd5VWh3MGR5bnV2TDFxRWFnV2p5eHc&hl=en

I hear you about the day job...I am out for the summer...so...hope this helps. Thanks for your grand work so far...I made it public, so anybody can edit, i.e. add on. So, if you have added to this thread, and it is not in the main list, feel free to add it to the spread sheet. Notice there are three tabs, one for Cases...and another for sleeves..and another for bags.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Here's a good 'manly' bag for your iPad and accessories, the Travel Bug by Eagle Creek >

Attachments

• Eagle Creek Travel Bug.jpg
    Eagle Creek Travel Bug.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 102

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2004
FYI, DODOcase is increasing in price to $59.95 shortly!

I really want a DODOcase but don't want the 4-6 week wait. I want something that looks older and still protects the pad. I haven't really seen anything else.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I ended up ordering the Tuff-Luv Multi-View, but I might have been tempted to wait if I'd heard the following news:

Twelve South's website noted that their iPad version of the BookBook MacBook cover is coming soon.

(The MacBook version sells for $79 - $99 with free shipping, so I imagine the smaller iPad version will cost a little less.)

twelvesouth_bookbook_r.jpg

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010

Case added to the list! Looks interesting!!

I've been meaning to post an update/review on the case I purchased at Etsy. It's really great and a very slim profile. Available at http://feltu.com/ along with other iPad cases.

Although the case has only one angle when propped up (see pictures), it's equally comfortable for viewing and typing. The inside cover is a soft grey microfiber.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 81
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 82

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
For those who love to read at the beach - - coming soon - - a water/sand resistant iPad case from iPoncho!

ipad_soon.jpg

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I looked through here first

Can anyone tell me if there is a case made that includes a screen protector built into it?

Thanks

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Done!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av1TgV270uIadFd5VWh3MGR5bnV2TDFxRWFnV2p5eHc&hl=en

I hear you about the day job...I am out for the summer...so...hope this helps. Thanks for your grand work so far...I made it public, so anybody can edit, i.e. add on. So, if you have added to this thread, and it is not in the main list, feel free to add it to the spread sheet. Notice there are three tabs, one for Cases...and another for sleeves..and another for bags.

Finally had a chanxe to check out your spreadsheet!! Fantastic work!!

If we could get the forum admins to sticky this thread, it will be easier for forum users to find your link. Thanks so much for putting that together!!

Sandy

Rlanger

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Case added to the list! Looks interesting!!

I've been meaning to post an update/review on the case I purchased at Etsy. It's really great and a very slim profile. Available at http://feltu.com/ along with other iPad cases.

Although the case has only one angle when propped up (see pictures), it's equally comfortable for viewing and typing. The inside cover is a soft grey microfiber.

I ordered this case a couple of days ago, but it is no longer listed on their website.

Just fired off an email to CS to see if there might be any issue with the case and if I should still expect to receive my order.

Will keep you posted.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I ordered this case a couple of days ago, but it is no longer listed on their website.

Just fired off an email to CS to see if there might be any issue with the case and if I should still expect to receive my order.

Will keep you posted.

Try sending them an email. They may just be out of stock right now. They are very responsive to messages. If your order went through, I'm sure it's on the way. My case arrived fairly quickly especially considering it was shipped from Hong Kong!

Good luck!
Sandy

Rlanger

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
sandydlc said:
Try sending them an email. They may just be out of stock right now. They are very responsive to messages. If your order went through, I'm sure it's on the way. My case arrived fairly quickly especially considering it was shipped from Hong Kong!

Good luck!
Sandy

Thanks for the advice But, did you read my post?

Anyway, I haven't heard back from them yet, and I'm not so sure about the out of stock thing as they said that they are made to order and it would be a few days t before it shipped out.

Will keep you posted though.

Rlanger

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Well, I never heard back from customer service, but I did wake up this morning to an email that my case had shipped. Definitely good news.

I'm not sure how long it will take for the case to get to Canada from Hong Kong, but I'll post my impressions when I receive it.

Rlanger

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Received my case today, and my first impressions are very good. The build quality is excellent. The fit is excellent. And, I really like the angle for typing.

The one minor negative is that the case is not genuine leather, so it has a bit of a petroleum smell to it. I imagine that this will go away over time so I don't think it's too big a deal.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this case.

Rlanger

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I decided to apply a leather conditioner that I had lying around to my FelTu case, and that did the trick of getting rid of the smell.

I have to say that I'm really loving this case. I didn't think that I would leave it on when I was using the iPad at home, but it is so low profile and the landscape stand is so useful that I don't need or want to take it off.

Still not sure why FelTu took it off their website, but if you're interested, it is definitely worth an email to their CS department to see if they can still make you one.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I decided to apply a leather conditioner that I had lying around to my FelTu case, and that did the trick of getting rid of the smell.

I have to say that I'm really loving this case. I didn't think that I would leave it on when I was using the iPad at home, but it is so low profile and the landscape stand is so useful that I don't need or want to take it off.

Still not sure why FelTu took it off their website, but if you're interested, it is definitely worth an email to their CS department to see if they can still make you one.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new case!! I'm still hanging onto my Apple case but so far haven't had the need or desire to switch back. I did notice a little bit of a smell from the case the first few days I had it but that is long gone.

I've traveled with the case on several flights and the angle of the case is equally good for typing or watching shows/movies. I've noticed that it's also much more stable than when I would try to use the Apple case in the vertical position. With the Apple case, it would either fall over, or once, the person in front of me decided to quite suddenly recline their seat and they almost crushed my ipad between the tray and the seat. No problems like that with my current case from Feltu.

They claim that their cases are handmade which would make sense due to the limited availability. It's a shame because they're actually very well made and highly functional. I love that the case allows the iPad to "click in" and is held quite securely without having any straps or a frame that covers any part of the bezel. It's also such a slim profile case that it satisfied my requirement to have a non-bulky/heavy case.

Hope you continue to enjoy your new case!

Sandy

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002

What's the model or name of the case, and is it the one pictured just couple posts above in this thread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.