Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hi,

After installing activator aka sbsettings there is a problem. The following scenarios happen when turning the screen on after installing sbsettings:

1) The screen comes on, flashes for a second, the comes on for good

2) I try to turn the screen on off on quickly and the screen sometimes doesnt come back on, i have to press one more time to get it on.

3) The screen lags and comes on if you try to turn it on normally without trying again for a couple of seconds.

I know this because I uninstalled sbsettings and the problem went away. did it twice even restored.

Anyone with sbsettings installed? Please try to play with your power button repeatedly, try to turn on off on your screen fast and see if any of these scanarios happen.

Please vist the link below, its the developers website where you can vote on this issue and have it escalated so we can have it resolved.

http://github.com/rpetrich/libactivator/issues#issue/70

Thanks
AE

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Do you have lockinfo installed? I noticed the flashing after installing lockinfo, although I also have sbsettings installed. It seems to have gone away after I played around with DisplayController in the settings. Not sure if that fixed it or several respringing. Try it.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Do you have lockinfo installed? I noticed the flashing after installing lockinfo, although I also have sbsettings installed. It seems to have gone away after I played around with DisplayController in the settings. Not sure if that fixed it or several respringing. Try it.

What did you do with displaycontroller? i dont think its lockinfo itself. cuz i had the same issue with intelliscreen, both used activator. uninstall lockinfo and install or keep activator and you will see the issue is there.

Thanks for your reply, SOMEONE CARES :D
AE

kenkamm

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
Yep, I'm having these issues occasionally as well. Not enough to remove the app, but it's a little bit annoying.

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
Yeah, I tried it. Mine did it too. But I don't see this as a problem as long as it doesn't freeze the phone. I wouldn't call this a "problem". Perhaps an "inconvenience".

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Yep, I'm having these issues occasionally as well. Not enough to remove the app, but it's a little bit annoying.

ok, third person I see having these, for me it was a deal breaker, because sometimes it wont turn on i have to press it again. Or sometimes it lags. or sometimes when i turn my screen off it comes on by itself. It's annoying. Without this app my phone feels clean like I never JAILBROKE. And thats how I want it.

Thanks
AE

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
aelalfy said:
What did you do with displaycontroller? i dont think its lockinfo itself. cuz i had the same issue with intelliscreen, both used activator. uninstall lockinfo and install or keep activator and you will see the issue is there.

Thanks for your reply, SOMEONE CARES :D
AE

All I did was turn settings on and off trying to figure out what they do.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Only happens to me if i lock and then try to unlock immediately after.

YES thats my problem, try doing that many times really fast and it starts to act weird. I hate it, it feels like an ANDROID lol. The smoothness of the phone is gone when unlocking? Thats gay, what is wrong. I know its activator because if i uninstall it, everything works fine, i install it, it acts weird. All this without lockinfo, just activator, not even SBSettings.

How/who can I report this (to)?

Thanks
AE

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
aelalfy said:
I'll that a try. but i doubt thats the cause.
What version of lockinfo do you have and if its 3.0, how did you get it, do you have the cydia source?

Thanks
AE

Running 2.3.3.0 on iPhone 4, 4.0.1.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Hmm, we will see. I emailed the dev.
When i emailed before he responded asap. Now it has been a couple days.

I bet hes bitching at activator for it. just wait.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
After trying this, yes, it flashes briefly if I press the sleep/wake button twice in swift succession; however, it then returns to the lock screen without my pressing the button again. I have to say, though, that I have never experienced this in normal usage and don't see it as a problem.

Also, you are aware, right, that SBSettings and Activator are not two names for the sane app? The Activator library is a dependency of SBSettings, but they are two separate apps.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I do,
If it is activators fault, then he must be mad at them because everybody thinks its lockinfo.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
The odd behaviors are coming from Activator... I've noticed several times when in a call or facetime, the battery icon gets moved from the right side of the status bar to the left, jumbling with the signal icon. Doesn't affect functionality, just looks tacky. When the call ends it goes back to normal.

I'm not sure why activator is forced on us with SB Settings this time... wish it was an optional add\remove option :-(

Gkf9

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2009
Lancashire
I'm using activator, this is a separate issue, but I find sometimes when swiping across the task bar to get the sbs settings box on the lock screen, it won't work till i respring. Is anyone else finding this? It works fine all the time whilst in an app or in the home screen.

I've also got intelliscreen installed, unless that as something to do with it.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
The odd behaviors are coming from Activator... I've noticed several times when in a call or facetime, the battery icon gets moved from the right side of the status bar to the left, jumbling with the signal icon. Doesn't affect functionality, just looks tacky. When the call ends it goes back to normal.

I'm not sure why activator is forced on us with SB Settings this time... wish it was an optional add\remove option :-(

How else would you set a action to command it?

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
How else would you set a action to command it?

You must be really new to JB dude. In the last dozen versions of SB Settings, the activation has been a swipe to open SB Settings. Activator is an add-on app that's bundled with SB Settings that allows you to customize different tasks like loading apps, or any other function within iOS

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
You must be really new to JB dude. In the last dozen versions of SB Settings, the activation has been a swipe to open SB Settings. Activator is an add-on app that's bundled with SB Settings that allows you to customize different tasks like loading apps, or any other function within iOS

Im not but thanks.
Activator is what allows you to swipe the top to bring it down. Without activator set up it would just not come down.
Delete activator and see how your SBSettings runs

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
Im not but thanks.
Activator is what allows you to swipe the top to bring it down. Without activator set up it would just not come down.
Delete activator and see how your SBSettings runs

CLEARLY you've never had a JB'd iphone before this one, because SB Settings has never had an "Activator App" integrated with the settings. The SB Settings app in itself put the swipe in the top bar... and has done that for ages... the "Activator" is a secondary app outside of the SB Settings. But whatever I'm done arguing with you.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Try it man, delete it.
Im telling you. Look in activator at the top swipe function Its sbsettings.
Dont wish to argue, just to clarify.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
Try it man, delete it.
Im telling you. Look in activator at the top swipe function Its sbsettings.
Dont wish to argue, just to clarify.

I realize it's requisite for THIS version of SB Settings... hence why I referred to PREVIOUS versions of SB Settings that didn't bundle such a robust app to enable it's use. It's as if you read every other line I write. Anyhow, I'm out. People who have used SB Settings before know what I'm referring to, so my point is made.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Sorry. I jailbroke for the first time last year and activator was included then.
You must be talking about before then. My apologies.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
uhgg i'm having these issues now as well. kind of cheapens the flow of the os. after i installed sbsettings the only issue i seemed to have was what you said about clicking the lock button fast and it not turning on til second click... though i don't know how it worked before JB. that doesn't bother me much as that is not a normal gesture for me. however after installing lockinfo i now get the flashing screen when i first turn on :( also it messes with my gmail, giving unknown sender and when i click to reply sometimes in the gmail app it starts a new compose rather than replying to sender. uhhg. i'm about to uninstall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.