Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryvius819

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I just got my first macbook today with a 9C89 screen. I noticed that whenever I scroll a webpage up and down, there are blurry lines in the middle of the screen and it looks really bad when looking at dark pages. Is this a common problem among the screens or should I exchange it?

Also, my backlit keyboard will light up even when I light up my room, I checked the settings and it should only be lit when the lights are dim, is this normal too?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just got my first macbook today with a 9C89 screen. I noticed that whenever I scroll a webpage up and down, there are blurry lines in the middle of the screen and it looks really bad when looking at dark pages. Is this a common problem among the screens or should I exchange it?

Also, my backlit keyboard will light up even when I light up my room, I checked the settings and it should only be lit when the lights are dim, is this normal too?

Backlit lights up on me also when I have lights on. I don't give it importance since I find it easier. Also, lights from a ceiling light are not always optimal in the view of the Ambient light sensor.

As for the screen, take a screenshot and a picture with a camera to see what you mean. It helps alot to be able to see your problem.

PS - I have the 9C89 screen, perfect (aside from viewing angles)

Ryvius819

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I tried taking a screen shot of the screen, but it won't show anything. It's something that have to do with v-sync or refresh rate.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
I have the same problem, but it's tolerable. Only shows when I'm scrolling webpages that have a lot of content.

RUnited

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2008
I have similar problem with the the screen becoming jaggy when scrolling with my trackpad on Safari. I'm also using screen 9C89, but I don't think it's the screen. I tried the demo machine at the apple shop using a different screen and it also had the problem.

I'm thinking not a lot of people are noticing it so there's not a lot of complaints. i had few people using my computer for a few hours and neither of them said anything.

afrerall... you can't really read while scrolling...

will have to live with it for now, but hope Apple will send out a fix soon.

Ryvius819

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I have similar problem with the the screen becoming jaggy when scrolling with my trackpad on Safari. I'm also using screen 9C89, but I don't think it's the screen. I tried the demo machine at the apple shop using a different screen and it also had the problem.

I'm thinking not a lot of people are noticing it so there's not a lot of complaints. i had few people using my computer for a few hours and neither of them said anything.

afrerall... you can't really read while scrolling...

will have to live with it for now, but hope Apple will send out a fix soon.

I noticed the lines while using firefox too, anyone got one with no problems?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
it's called screen tearing and it's a known issue with intel macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.