9to5mac update!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by applefiend95, Oct 22, 2012.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

2. NextGenApple macrumors regular

Grow up lad, it's a computer. It's not the end of the world and you are still breathing. What will be will be. More importantly more important things in life mate.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Seems pretty straightforward to me. There are new iMacs coming, but the ship dates are uncertain/delayed for some models.

It's up to Apple whether they go ahead and announce them and say "Shipping sometime in November" or choose to stay silent until they're ready to go.

4. element1108 macrumors member

Of course there are, but this is a first world problem forum so expectations on what disappoints us is spoiled ;)

Is a :apple: thing.

5. Yamcha macrumors 68000

I'm sure we'll see the new iMacs tomorrow, It may ship a little late, but hopefully they will show us when they start shipping.. I suspect you will be able to pre-order them in the mean time..

6. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

If not I'll probably buy a used 2010 and call it a day.

Not going to wait any longer for a redesign.

7. ek9max macrumors regular

Why are you even here? :confused:

8. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm gonna do the same most likely, I'm just waiting to see if the redesign & updated specs are worth it.. Otherwise my plan is to buy a used 2011 iMac..

9. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

10. zoffdino macrumors member

It's not simply a spec-bump. Apple could have done it ages ago. Dropping a new CPU with the same thermal envelope, a new GPU (may be a few watts hotter), and a SSD standard (on the high end model at least). That sounds like a really hard problem!

In this age and time of obsession with all things Apple, exterior design matter and Apple knows that full well. Look at the iPhone, all the leaks have been cases, back panels, front panels, display, etc. All external components. Why? Cause people really want to know what Ive has come up with. I don't recall ever seeing a picture of the A6 CPU before the announcement.

The iMac G5 first made the scene in 2004. The same plastic design went unchanged until 2007, when the aluminum iMacs came out. It has been 5 years since and I bet you Apple is looking for a refresh of the line. At the very least, we know something is different about the display with all those "lamination issues". So it's not just a spec bump.

----------

They are not sure about the release dates for some iMac models. Pretty consistent with previous rumors. Only 16 hours to go before we know for sure. If Apple doesn't release the new iMac line tomorrow (regardless of stock availability), don't bother releasing it this year.

11. seriall macrumors newbie

if you asked me, i will bet on the side that a new iMac (either a spec bump or redesign) will not show up tomorrow, the reason is if there is really an updated one , there must be so many news leak showing up in the past few days like iPad mini's, but there weren't any, just an ugly picture showing the internal of the alleged new iMac.

also, if you asked me , i will also bet there the next iMac is a redesigned one rather than a simple spec bump because if it's really a spec bump, there should not be any production obstacles that makes this 2012 update so late. i think the late coming is because the production problem of a new design outlook. I also don't know if the legal conflicts with samsung has anything to do with the late coming due to the production of some components.

anyway, i am also so said to hear that 9to5 said there will unlikely be any update for iMac tomorrow, but actually i kind of feel the same before 9to5 reported this.

finally, hope that all the time that we all have spent on waiting for the iMac will prove worthwhile when the new iMac finally comes out. :eek:

12. bbydon macrumors 6502a

The original 27 inch and Magic Mouse didn't even have an event. They could release it with out even talking about it.

13. bobright macrumors 601

Not really, Apple will milk the mini and rmbp and leave us out in the cold. It's the post PC era. Ridiculous.

14. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

It is all about mobile folks...look at google,ibm,microsoft earnings last 2 weeks...all bad,all because no real mobile strategy! So tomorrow we will hear all about ipad ipad and some more ipad...maybe..and it's a big maybe,at the very end they may say "oh ya we also have a new mini and imac coming"....that's just the reality of 2012...if you want to compete and make $$$ as a tech company you need mobile and only mobile...period.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

16. kyrrebs macrumors member

I have to say I have been rather positive up until readin the 9to5-RUMOR about the iMacs perhaps beeing delayed/not announced. I know it's just another RUMOR, but it still gets to me. And to those who tell us to calm down - we know it is "just a computer", but here's another reason why I will be very disseapointed if it's not refreshed in 2012: I run a small company and I need to buy (and recieve it) before the end of the year to be allowed to the tax deductions such an investment grants.

So......GDI (!) Bring on the refreshed iMacs, even if it's just a spec bump - I'd rather not buy a 500+ days old machine. :mad:

17. ipodmac macrumors regular

So apple isn't announcing the iMac today. They should just eol the iMac range and chuck the designs in the bin

18. jertronic, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012

jertronic macrumors member

I am not attempting to be a dick here, but my purchase of a 2011 iMac in November was a good move regardless of what happens tomorrow.

I hope the new design is unveiled tomorrow. I can't wait to go in and play around with a new iMac at the store. When I got my iMac last November I was literally without the use of an functioning computer. It was a "must buy" situation and I can honestly say that the thing absolutely kicks. Did I mention how cold it stays and how quiet the thing is?

Let's see the new laminated displays. It will be worth the wait in the end for all those who were able to wait.

19. ipodmac macrumors regular

you came across a dick

20. bobright macrumors 601

How so??

He's just trying to justify his purchase, wait now i am being a dick lol

21. lozpop macrumors 6502

This. But I really hope to ear some news :mad:

22. david19801 macrumors member

23. MacMiguel macrumors regular

March is not an option, it would be a suicide.. Hello Win8 at a half price of a mac... (yeah win8 could be a little **** but it's cheap)

24. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Where? Where are you hearing this so repeatedly?

25. seriall macrumors newbie

That's a rubbish information, don't give a fxxx to it. I also keep hearing that before the end of this year is the release date....from inside my mind.:eek:

Every time when the new iMac is proved won't receive any update, there must be someone come out and say, i heard xxxx is the release date. Unless they bet with us for his dick that it will come out in march 2013, otherwise , don't even reply these kind of information.