A Beta?! Not a Fix?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dell21, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Dell21 macrumors newbie

What the?! This is a bs way to take people past their 30 day return period. Apple knows any patch that doesn't fix reception issue will cause many people to return their iphones.

Yes, they did tell everyone to return iphone if they weren't happy with death grip issue, but they have stalled since that statement was issued. And now, they post a Beta when the media has turned up the heat on their inaction.

I feel like I'm dealing with one of those Shysters trying to sell me a gold necklace at a gas station for $20.00.

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Do you want the fix tested so that it actually works or do you want them to rush out a fix that may not actually work or actually cause more problems? I think you need to calm down and thing reasonably for a bit.

4. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

The fix of the reception issue is hardware, not software related.

What Apple is doing now by 'fixing' what the signal bars show is like giving a small Band-Aid to a quadruple bypass patient. (Odd analogy)

Either a recall, or a mass distribution of those bumpers will be the moves I believe Apple will take.

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

There is no fix. Jesus. They never said there would be. They were adjusting the bars, that's all.

Read people, read.

6. Dell21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I can read, I can smell too and right now i smell bs. Don't get me wrong, I can understand a business having to take care of their profit margins, but do it without making your customers feel shafted.

7. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

I'm pretty sure they said (read: "claimed") that would "fix" it. Jesus.

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

You only feel shafted because you expected something they never promised.

9. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I recommend you re-read what they said then.

10. Dell21 thread starter macrumors newbie

What? Who are u people? Their statement was issued to calm people down about the DEATH GRIP issue, no one complained about their bar signal being false.

11. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

People complained about reception, and Apple attributed it to a software fault and said they would fix it. They knowingly (?) led people on. Either way, it's not going to fix the problem they led people to think it would in the end.

12. Dell21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you noticed how everyone keeps asking the beta downloaders, does it fix the DEATH GRIP issue? Well if it doesn't fix it, oh well it's just the first beta maybe the next beta will fix it. Next thing you know it's August, dang it my iphone still loses reception, well, guess I'll go buy a case.

Exactly what Steve Jobs told you to do in the first place.

13. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Oops. Read that wrong, nvm.

14. bakertime macrumors newbie

It's all PR...the timing of coming out a couple days are the CR review is not surprising at all. Had that not happened, they probably wouldn't have done so.

They're just TRYING to cover themselves up...I certainly hope that the media attention on it being a hardware issue is as great as it is for the issue in general so Apple is forced to admit their fault.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

All Apple has ever said officially is that the next update would "fix" how the signal is shown in the bar display. People see what they want to see, just like people are imagining a silent recall.

Those that have the issue need to speak out by returning the phone. Since Apple remains silent, they have no other recourse. At least that sends a message to Apple.

If I was Jobs, I'd hold a WWDC type of event and explain what they're doing and plan to do to appease those users who are unhappy. If the answer is really hold it differently, then at least people would know that waiting is fruitless.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So return your phone and wait for them to fix their phones.

17. xyion1 macrumors regular

Apple said they were over-reporting signal strength when the phone was not in a transmit mode, and are correcting that so when its picked up and transmitting the visual indicator won't show such a drastic drop.

So instead of going from 5 bars to "No Service" you're going to go from 1 or 2 bars to "No Service", which people are more likely to accept as it is marginal coverage anyway.

18. Dell21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to return my phone, I'm in love with IMOVIE. With all of it's imperfections I still love it.

19. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I wasn't led on for a second. You know why? Because I actually read the press release!

20. raremage macrumors 6502a

This. Return the phone, wait for a fix you consider acceptable to hit the market, and then buy it again.

Or don't. That's the neat thing - it's entirely your choice!

21. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

this have been said so many times!!!...

People expect to reduce the intensity of the moon light by a software update :eek:

22. raremage macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you have a real quandary there then.

Do you love it enough to buy a case? If not, I guess you either return it or continue to suffer.

23. brightlights macrumors regular

Clearly everyone failed in their school comprehension exams. No 'fix' was ever promised.

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think you're going to have to post it here and highlight for them the pertinent areas. Assuming they don't read between the lines and make it say something it doesn't it should then be all clear.