A bunch of questions about Summer 08 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tocyk, Jul 21, 2010.

1. tocyk macrumors member

I currently own the '08 MBP (not the unibody) in 15' 2.4ghz 200gb. During the time that I bought it, there was that huge dilemma about how nVidia screwed up the cards. My computer recently died on me, and upon inspection, Apple is replacing my logic board, saying my series had faulty ones. I was wondering if this means my MBP is going to be GOOD now? Or will it still be plagued by the possible nVidia cards?

Also, I really want to upgrade my harddrive memory, as well as my RAM. I honestly have no clue how to tell which HD or RAM to purchase, but I have a friend who says he is able to install it for me. Would someone be able to suggest me some RAM and HDs off Newegg or something, or at least inform me what kind I should be looking for? Thanks a lot.

2. tocyk thread starter macrumors member

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It depends on what they give you. You should kindly request a newer version so you're computer won't have any problems in the future as it is known that the series you have is faulty

4. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

It's my understanding that even the replacement Nvidia 8600m GT's are potentially faulty, as they are the same card.

Seriously, if you try hard enough you can get a new replacement MacBook Pro if you complain about the beeping noises from the headphone jack when using high-end headphones. Also, if you're early '08 MBP will not fully go to sleep (as mine wouldn't), you can get a replacement after three unsuccessful repairs.