A couple (hopefully new) Verizon iPhone Questions..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACiVoy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. MACiVoy macrumors member

Hi all, so I have 2 questions..

If I am currently a verizon customer, but not eligible for an upgrade, I will be paying full price for the iphone. Do I still get the opportunity to order it Feb 3?

My other question is since we verizon customers get to order it on Feb 3. does that mean we will be getting it before the official release date of Feb 10?

Thanks for anyones input!

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Not new questions.

But...

1) Yes.

2) No delivery details yet (that I'm aware of).

3. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

4. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Because this is easier and multiple people can learn the answers, not just the OP (which would be the case if he called).

5. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Are you sure about #1? Have we gotten any official confirmation that you'll be able to preorder it on 2/3 at full price? Because right now both AT&T and Apple require you to buy an iPhone in person at an Apple store or AT&T store to get one at full price. They do not sell the iPhone at full price online. And since the 2/3 preorder is online only, I'm actually afraid that they will not be offering it at full price until 2/10?

6. ineedamac macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

One question I have is this...what will happen on a Verizon iPhone if I am downloading app updates and a call comes in? Can I download the app updates and check my email at the same time?

7. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I've spoken to multiple VZW and Apple supervisors this week and they all have told me that indisputably without hesitation that YES, ANY existing customer may indeed order on 02/03 through either Verizon.com OR Apple.com FULL RETAIL or not.

The Apple store online supervisor did tell me that there might be a possibility that we have to call in to pre-order from the apple store online CSR's at full retail though. I thought maybe he said that because the CSR's get some kind of incentive though.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Why do people ask these questions here instead of the Verizon forums?

9. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

so i was wondering about the first question myself. ive heard yes AND no. i decided to call verizon and ask and i got an automated message basically saying their phone reps dont know anymore about the iphone than what is listed in the faq section on the verizon site, so not to bother them with iphone questions. i guess its just a waiting game for now. i bet tomorrow or friday verizon will come forward with more info since its about a week before pre-orders start

10. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Because the VZW is a war zone right now and the CSR's who DO post usually reply with erroneous info and then point to the incomplete FAQ. The majority of phonebound CSR's ar no better.

Examples? Sure!

Exisiting, upgrade ineligible customers can only purchase the phone at full retail after the 28th of February. Everyone else in the world can purchase on the 3rd or 10th, EXCEPT the loyal long time customer

Everyone eligible has to pay full retail then receive a mail in rebate.

The first batch of ViPhones will have bad screens. Better wait for the next batch. (I Couldn't make this up if I wanted to)

You can only order on VZW.com

I have about 20 more but, i'll stop now. I think most people who want the phone are just dearly wanting to get some straight info. After the 10th it'll be something else. Then the new iPhone 5 questions, yada yada yada.

Now, the real question is- If you don't like the thread then why bother even opening it?

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ok, then ask on the dedicated Verizon section of a very popular wireless forum that will remain nameless. :p

Seriously, most ppl on this forum have experience w/ AT&T...not Verizon. MAKES NO SENSE. But after a bottle of wine....nothing makes sense to me....I had to correct my typing at least 10x.

12. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I'm messing around with you man. I know from past reading you're actually one of the few people around here that takes an impartial view and speaks with facts. I've often said to myself "I like this guy".

Anyhow, I was referring the VZW official forums also where much of this misinformation was being propogated. It's insanity.

The obligatory statement on that forum from ACTUAL VERIZON CSR's, goes along the lines of something like this:

"If you order your ViPhone on the 3rd of February, you will receive it on the 15th. Please read the official Verizon iPhone FAQ".

Umm ok nowhere in the FAQ does it say that but, OK! :)

13. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Hey bro, from every actual employee at either company I've talked to, I've been told yes and so has 99.99999% of the others who have called and asked.

It only takes .1% though to throw the whole thing into total chaos.

Worst case scenario? Order from Apple on the 10th and save that $50!

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

:) Thanks.

Yeah..I read about the issues on the Verizon forum.

I'm not the best source to listen to tonight...my opinions are tainted by a cheap Firestone chardonay. :D (I don't suggest it despite his "The Bachelor" fame)

15. macsmurray macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can you not buy a new iPhone from the Apple store? Rather than buy it full price from Verizon and affect your upgrade? I'm aware that upgrades may work differently in the US so if I'm wide of the mark please forgive me.

16. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i dont know why but your words comfort me more than any one else's on this site. while everyone else just spews out BS to look knowledgeable, you and few other guys on here back up info with facts and i dig that. im not gonna lie ill be pretty bummed if i have to wait an extra week to get my iphone, but like you said saving $50 would be pretty sweet as well

17. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

if you buy full price from Verizon it doesnt affect your upgrade. so either VZW or Apple would work just fine for retail price

18. macsmurray macrumors member

Ok, thanks for clarification :) Our networks in the UK screw us :O

19. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

It's probably because we're both insane and think strangely alike. But, I'm glad my cool words can comfort you during these times :D.

20. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

21. alectheking macrumors 6502a

The rep I spoke with also said with a solid "Yes" that I will be able to pre-order feb 3rd at full retail.

22. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

We could get hammered and smoke a bunch of cigarettes too :). I'm still trying to quit and have cut down by 1/2 so it's going ok. It's hard though. Hopefully by next week or so I'l have cut down to none.

Yep I saw that. I've been having a good time arguing over at the VZW forum about it. That's the only thing keeping me sane. :).

23. cheeseblock macrumors member

I called verizon the other day and they said if you successfully preorder on the 3rd, your iPhone will be shipped on the 10th and will be at your house on the 11th via Fedex.

24. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

macrumors just posted a story, and the last line says different. every verizon rep will feed you different **** to make u stop bothering them

25. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Lol on all the misinformation. The Verizon rep I spoke with said when you preorder on the 3rd it will ship the next day. I don't really believe that but that's what he said..