a day for celebration..!

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
yay! summer is finally here :D

i've been out in london all day today, and it is *amazingly* hot. i really feel bad for those of you who live in hot countries - dont you have to change 3 times a day?!

still, summer is finally here in england. the weather this week has been increasingly good. i'm glad i havent been on the tube today (it gets unbearable in this sort of heat)

uk people - let's celebrate :D

Attachments

Applespider

macrumors G4
I'd be celebrating more if the guy two doors down hadn't decided to have a bonfire so that I had to close all my open windows to stop everything smelling of smoke... :mad:

...but it is lovely to see some sunshine and feel some warmth! I suspect a thunderstorm is coming though since it's v muggy.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its been high sixties, low seventies (F) here by me this past week, beautiful almost perfect weather in my opinion. i just hope it continues to sunday, the day that my graduation party is happening, otherwise approx. 50 people are going to be crammed into my house :eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
You lucky b*stards... :D

Just across the North Sea the temperature is very different... :(
That's just not right....

Its sunny and 70° F here and getting warmer - and I'm going for a swim after my run this afternoon....

30° would be a bit much this early in the year, though. Hopefully you don't have another heat wave this summer.

D

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
At work right now, otherwise i would use the trusty widget.

Portland, OR. high today of 94 degrees. Who says it always rains in Portland.

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
woohoo, been a bloody beautiful day today here in the south east, blue skies all day :D
I love Summer...Apart from the fact that that means A-levels this summer :rolleyes:

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
MongoTheGeek said:
85? brr... I need it at least 280 to be comfortable. :)
lol....
its been consistently 95°F (35°C) here as the high for like the past 5 or so days getting to around 85 (29) at night :eek:
btw, this is also my first day of summer vacation! w00t!

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
asif786 said:
yay! summer is finally here :D
Dang it, I still can't get the hang of the time difference between the U.S. and the U.K. For example, it's already summer where you are, but it won't be June 21 here for another 25 days or so. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Here in New England we are on course for the coldest May on record. Have been averaging 20 degrees below normal. Also very cloudy. We just finished a Nor'Easter yesterday, which is normal in the winter. The storm was the worst in 40 years. It has also been a cloudy month. Today its cloudy and T 57 degree F, normal is 70 degrees F.

I'm curious to know what this kind of weather will mean for the Summer.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
wdlove said:
Here in New England we are on course for the coldest May on record. Have been averaging 20 degrees below normal. Also very cloudy. We just finished a Nor'Easter yesterday, which is normal in the winter. The storm was the worst in 40 years. It has also been a cloudy month. Today its cloudy and T 57 degree F, normal is 70 degrees F.

I'm curious to know what this kind of weather will mean for the Summer.
wow that sucks. i mean its not exactly great being 95 or w/e but wow. almost summer and still having a nor'easter.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Yes today was truly a great day..at last the weather here is like it is back "home" for me... The cold was driving me crazy. Oh boy i cant wait till the summer. Although today i did get a little sun burnt..oh yeah i am gonna feel the burn tomorrow... :D :D :D

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
calyxman said:
I miss the cold weather. :(
Yeah this is so annoying, the entire winter people are complaining that it is too cold and then as soon as the temperature goes up, people start complaining about that.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS: Dont take this as an insult, just my opinion
PSS: maybe you aren't a cold complainer, if so ....complain all you like about the heat :D :D