A feature Apple really needs to improve on

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Ay_Zimmy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

The group chat.. I think the chat needs more options.. I know there's a feature to turn off group chats, but what if you could display offline, or not accepting group messages at the time. Also, there's just something about it that annoys me lol, something I can't really out a finger on though. Anyone have any opinions about the group chat?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You mean silence mode like WhatsApp has?

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

Most people have used SMS, most people haven't used instant messaging. Making iMessage more like SMS means it's easier for most people to understand. You're wanting it to be more like instant messaging, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I don't really have the need for group chats (don't do them very often), but when I do it would be nice to have a few more options... It's kept simple which is nice (and appealing) to the eyes, but some added features/details would be cool!

5. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

I just want an option to stop getting notices (sounds/vibrate/popups) on groupd chats for a few hours.

My friends will start a group chat. I'm too busy to chat but my phone is going off every 2 seconds. I need to 'ignore' that particular group chat for a little while.

6. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

7. Acronym macrumors 68000

the most needed option in my opinion is the ability to add/remove others if your the one who started the conversation, also the ability to remove yourself from the conversation if you were added to it.

8. .player macrumors newbie

The key to this is understanding how everyone, not just the technically inclined, think about technology.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I really was pleased with iMessage in iOS 5, but Apple really needs to just buy biteSMS. They truly have the perfect SMS solution that would help bridge the gap between "common sense" features that Android offers (or at least natively permits).

They could make it more reliable and also easier for the average user to understand and value.

10. wharzhee, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012

wharzhee macrumors 6502

where have i been, there's a group chat?????

--update--
    h*ly crap, there is one. lol

looks more like group message, like u can group message with SMS.
    can't configure to add people once it's set.