A Funny Thing Happened at the Apple Store Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blorzoga, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

So I went to the Apple store in Ardmore, Pa to pick up a ip4 and while I was waiting I picked up one of the display ip4s. I immediately noticed an app on the phone called Cydia. I had never seen a jail broken iPhone before but I have heard the name Cydia associated with JBing, but I assumed the cydia app on the display phone was something legit. I asked one of the geniuses if the phones were jailbroken because several of the phones had the cydia app on them. He scoffed and said of course they're not jail broken. Then another genius told me that they were indeed jail broken and proceeded to remove them all from the display.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'm sure similar encounters are happening all over the world right now. It's just kids having a laugh at the employees' expense.

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
  4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I was at the Apple Store yesterday in Sydney. Every one was just about JB'd. Animated backgrounds, custom icons, alongside slow as molasses iPhone 4's, crashing apps, and horrible looking themes.

Ridiculous.

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

fixed actaully my iPhone 4 is JB runs winterboard with themes and runs just as fast as it did not JB.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

yes many are jailbroken people go in there just to do it because they can, its like when i go in the apple store and go to one or to macs and invert the screens using control,option,command,8. then watch to see if the guys can fix it. ive only done it twice i know the guy that works there so i fid it funny. but jailbreaking them goes to far they have to a lot to fix them.

7. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

As said just people mocking apple for this security hole, literally typing jailbreakme into safari installs cydia no questions asked. I did it today to test it, but ended up restoring because I like the default theme.

8. mcqueen macrumors member

9. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Hilarious tho :D

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok, you're the one thats ridiculous and clueless thinking a JB i4 would run slow or cause crashing apps.:rolleyes:

11. Stein357 macrumors 6502

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Not 100% on your sarcasm...are you agreeing with me?

What I mean was that THOSE particular phones which have been messed around with for giggles were messed up. Just like you can have highly configured smooth OS X, you can also have a bogged down one.

13. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Not yet I can still go on it

14. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

We all can. The post was likely referring to Apple blocking that site from being accessed from with the Apple store.

15. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Haha wonder what would happen if you got busted

16. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

What a concept. All those iPhones are on the Apple Store's wifi network...so just block the site. Smart people will turn off wifi and then go to the website but still.

17. mkelly2115 macrumors member

18. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

they would give you a pin, that looked like this..

[​IMG]

then they would proceed to tell you that you can never own an Apple product again, and most likely make a mockery of you on their website. You think they did a good job making PC look bad? Just wait until SJ gets his hands on you, it will make it seem like the Mac vs PC ads made the PC look better. It will probably involve any of the following, and not exactly in this order....monkey sex, the Baltimore Oriels, reverse oreo's, tasmanian devil, el chupacabra, bad carne asada, mad cow disease, old pedophiles, mother nature, rocks with cocks, meat loaf (and i'm not talking about the food or the singer / actor), wild fires, monkeys with guns, jungle bunnies, post-apocalpyse scenario, the horror.... the horror...., napalm, cooties, screaming teenage girls, civilian outrages, dunlop, crappy music, heart attacks, starvation, tsunamis in the desert, "thats what she said" type things, hitler reincarnation, WWIII, jeff gordon, Nazi's regaining power, the list is endless....be warned

or maybe they'll just politely ask you to leave, and still give you the pin for being such a good sport....