Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
My favorite keyboard ever.

Probably doesn't go so well with macs, and it does use a PS2 connection... but well worth it. I have never found a better keyboard to type on. Period. I usually get used to other keyboards, but when I come back to that one, I am amazed at how nice it feels to type on.

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
If you want design and funcionality in a keyboard, regardless of price, check out these two. They are both wired.

Das Keyboard
Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Wow that Optimus is over $1550 USD!!! :eek: Great functionality, though, if they get it to last long enough for the price.

optimax.jpg

sligo

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
hahaha what a brick. every key has its own LCD :) my god, i wonder what people would use that for. I am sure it fits into some vertical somewhere, but i cant think of anything right now.

Still being able to say that you spent 1500+ bucks on a keyboard means you probably can pave the driveway with them if the notion takes you... To tell you the truth, i would have to type on it first i think. It looks kinda bulky and uncomfortable. not that i doubt the awesomeness of having the keyboard double as an LED message board... oh the fun you could have programming something like that!

I am typing this on the icekey. I use the matias at work now, and the icekey at home. the icekey does have little squeeks now and then, and it will be interesting to see how it does over time. But for now, i love the feel, and i think it will be my keyboard of choice for a while.

Sligo

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
The new Apple Wireless Keyboard (BT) is awesome (just received it today). I've used countless keyboards and the keys feel great - better than I expected. It feels very well made, especially for being so lightweight.

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
I'm looking for a wireless keyboard for my soon-to-be home setup w/ a MBP

The one on the apple site doesnt have a # pad but i found this one which for some reason isn't on the site. Anyone know why, is it old model?

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=307567#rv

Also main reason i want a wireless keyboard is to save time/effort on hooking it up to my home setup (external monitors, speakers, etc) so i just wanted to make sure there is no hooking up the bluetooth connection each time right??

And while I'm at it, is there such a thing as wireless speakers that would also connect w/ bluetooth for reasonable price? I know that's a stretch but never know..

merc669

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
Settled for the Macally Icekey keyboard. So far like already mentioned its a little stiff. But should wear in well. Like the looks and the extra USB Ports. Its 1.1 for the USB Version so wish it was 2.0 but for a keyboard do not think that is much of a factor. Price was right! Would have preferred the Black Version vice the White but it was not available. Thanks much to all for the help!!

Bill....:apple:

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Even though it's pretty expensive, I'm voting for the new Apple Wireless Keyboard as well. This thing is so tiny and light it's unreal.

Never seen an keyboard quite like it (although it's literally a Macbook keyboard taken out in the form of an external keyboard, exact same size, feel, etc.).

I've had it for a few days, and it's working for me so far :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.