Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeorD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Can anyone recommend me for a good torrent application that obviously has a mac version and maybe dd a download link?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Vuze sucks, It cuts out internet connection if your on wireless get Transmission but you better be using this for legal files.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Another vote for transmission.

Also a vote for using the search function, this same question is asked at least once a fortnight. :)

willpoker

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
One more vote for Transmission. Just got it the other day and after spending about 5 min watching a How-To video on YouTube I quickly got the hang of it. Great program!

LeorD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Ok you bought me i just downloaded transmission, hey where do you get your torrents from?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
OK why do you need a torrent program if you don't know where to get torrents?

LeorD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
haha.. i need a torrent program to download files.. but im currently using Google searched torrents and to be honest im not quit satisfied the speed is extremely low (1-10 Kb/s)
and im looking for a good source..

where do you get your torrents from?

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Azureus/Vuze is way too memory intensive. Xtorrent is another David Watanabe production, so I stay away.

Transmission is fast, small, lightweight, and very stable. It gets my vote.

BEWARE FOLKS: it's against the rules to discuss things that are on the wrong side of the law.

Check the forum rules... ;)

BileGhost

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
I use opera, the web browser. Does web, torrent, irc, feeds, and other things I'm constantly finding, though I've used it for years...

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Azureus/Vuze is way too memory intensive. Xtorrent is another David Watanabe production, so I stay away.

Transmission is fast, small, lightweight, and very stable. It gets my vote.

BEWARE FOLKS: it's against the rules to discuss things that are on the wrong side of the law.

Check the forum rules... ;)

Since when is downloading a free program illegal and not allowed to be discussed ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.