Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenlander25

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
I've asked the Apple Store around here to fix my palmrest at least 4 times, and have been shot down every time. I'm going to try again this week, this time telling them I won't be able to buy a new macbook without fixing the one I have. I hope they have improved in this area. Perhaps with the down economy they are taking a more customer-centric view.

I was totally prepared to go into a big speech about how they were doing it out of warranty for other people and offer to show him links online to dozens of people who were getting out of warranty palmrest repairs and demand the same treatment. I didn't need it in the end, but maybe take that approach?

If you could hit a different applestore that might help a lot, but that's easy for me to say in nyc, not sure where you are.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I had a pleasant genius bar experience recently too. My MagSafe adapter stopped working, and I was also developing a small palmrest crack. When I went to the apple store after making an appointment online the night before, the helped me quicky, handing me a new MagSafe adapter on the spot and replaced the topcase in about an hour, also cleaning my screen etc. My aunt who was with me was very impressed with their quick and efficient service and the fact that I wasn't charged for any of it.

qsoundrich

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
Yeah we've got 2 apple stores that I'm within a dozen miles of. I've been to both of them about it. I had the problem with the magsafe burning itself up, and the "genius" said "I'll replace that but I'm not going to do your palmrest.. I'm not even suppose to do the adapter." Yeah right--I guess Apple just wants people to sue them when their house burns down from their crappy adapters.

Anyway I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. This thread will be good ammo. And I'm seriously considering buying a macbook pro if they fix this so I can sell my macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.