A Jailbroken/Restore ? 4 the experts :)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by deceptichop, Jul 6, 2010.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

Thank you for opening my thread.

Ok, so heres my question. I have a JB'n 3GS that I'd like to restore. I need to restore it because with the JB, i cant sync my phone to Iphoto. I have some video that I really need to get onto my Mac that is 2 large to email to myself. However, I am concerned that if I restore it, will it erase the pics and video in the phone that I wasnt able to import onto my Mac?

THank you in advance

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Does iPhoto tell you that it can't import the video? Because I had a jailbroken iPhone 3GS and I could sync with iTunes and iPhoto all my media/photos.

3. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

Ive tried it all Jav. Last resort was bringing my phone and Mac into Apple. He even tried with their macs and STILL couldnt get it :( They said its not working because of the jailbreak :(

4. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

OH YA! And I forgot to mention that it does sync with Itunes and I can add/delete playlists and all of that no problem. Its JUST iphoto.

So do you think it will erase all my photos in the phone currently if I restore it?

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

If it's jailbroken then you can just SSH into the phone and copy over the videos via Wifi or USB.

You'd need to know the folder that the videos are stored in. I think they're stored in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM but I could be wrong.

6. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

WOW! Kahnyl, this is amazing!! Never heard of this before. Im researching it right now! Thank you!