A (Kind of) Humorous Case for Purchasing the iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by naturalstar, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. naturalstar macrumors regular

No video. A real life incident. Ladies may appreciate this more, but men with a wife, girlfriend, or just familiar by whatever means may get a chuckle as well...

I’m in the nail shop yesterday getting a no chip manicure and spa pedicure for a wedding today. Since it’s for a wedding, I’m looking to get something a little more sparkly and special on my fingernails. I was going basic on my toes, so nothing special there. In preparation, I have a few pictures that I saved on my phone ready to show my nail technician. I explain to him what I want and show him the pictures. He says, no problem and he sets to work on my pedicure which is always done first before the no chip manicure.

I’m relaxing in the spa chair enjoying my pedicure service when a second tech comes up to remove the old no chip application from my fingernails. This is in preparation for the manicure service. Part of doing this process is wrapping all 10 fingers in a foil so the old no chip gel application can soak off. My fingers stay wrapped in the foil until it’s time to start the no chip manicure service.

Just as the second tech finishes wrapping all of my fingers, the tech working on my pedicure begins to explain what I want on my nails as a design. The second tech seems confused and doesn’t think she will be able to do the service. He tells her it’s easy and something she can do. She is skeptical and the first tech says to me, “show her the pictures on your phone you showed me earlier.”

I’m happy to do it and proceed to carefully extract my phone from the side pocket on my purse. I look at the phone and remember that it’s locked and I can’t open it with my fingers wrapped up. I swear, I lifted the phone to my face in the same manor as the keynote and all the hands-on vids, and exclaimed, “Dammit, so THIS is why I need FaceID!!”

I get it now. FaceID saves lives. I didn’t realize it before. Ignore the notch and cost. Go buy an X. This could happen to you.

Apple did not pay me for the making of this message.

I’m sure there will be other odd scenarios that come up. Feel free to share!

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I would have used a knuckle to type in the passcode. Or my nose if I wanted to show off.

I get it though. I'm neither for nor against the new technology but I've become very accustomed to TouchID in how I use my phone and don't see this as a reason to upgrade. I would certainly miss being able to unlock my phone sitting next to me on my desk without having to pick it up or enter my passcode.

3. naturalstar thread starter macrumors regular

I’m neither really for or against the X. It just wasn’t for me based on a few things I didn’t like about it. I bought the 8 Plus and it will do for me. I was, however, a little vocal about the phone initially where I didn’t think it wouldn’t mean much over TouchID in my day to day.

Weird enough, it was such an unexpected and funny moment to me, I literally forgot about my passcode option for a few seconds before remembering, but my mind went right to FaceID... thanks Macrumors community!