Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
Apparently when you JB 4.1 on the iP4 with the latest redsnow beta, it installs the new version of cydia (when you select to install cydia only)

yay.

bjobes

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Can anyone get past "W" to uninstall packages? I used the overwrite via repo and when I try and go past w or so Cydia shutdown

moebius

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi, I have a problem probable someone can help me,

I installed the new cydia using the iphone root depo, I tried installing mobile terminal from the same repo without removing the old mobile terminal that I installed before using the podzombie repository, during installation I got a message saying: "triying to overwrite which is also a package mobileterminal", I pressed ok but nothing happened, the screen was just there hanging.

So, I finally quitted cydia and removed mobile terminal and everything seemed to be ok, until I went to "manage-packages" and now every time I scroll down the list of installed packages cydia just quits, usually when I reach Ifile.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I have a 3GS running 4.1

Thank you.

moebius

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007

moebius

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
I installed version "1.0.3366.7." no more issues when scrolling.

Seems great so far.

lapocompris

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
Why this new version is not offered by the regular cydia repo? Is it still beta?

BTW, the version showed by phoneroot is 1.0.3366-1 not 1.00.3366-7, what are the differences between them?

Last edited:

mau5

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2010
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. good to hear that theres a new cydia thats faster. The bad thing is that it crashes when I view my isntalled packages. I downgraded cydia via the version provided by limera1n and when I went to my packages, none of my installed ones show up. They are still installed and functioning properly. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would love to use the new cydia, but I first must uninstall the package that was causing the crash. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
I know this has been asked a few times but I don't think it was ever answered. Why isn't this update automatically pushed through with cydia? Is it still in beta or something?

Gavernty

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
wait so there's another new version out? 1.0.3366.7... if so, where are people getting the deb from

milamber

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Got it a few days ago.

Works great and sure is a lot more speedy!

...Although that's not hard considering the speed of what Cydia used to be!

Ps. safari is snappier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.