A little Off Topic but.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by larswik, Oct 2, 2011.

1. larswik macrumors 68000

Every night when I get home and start reading / writing / learning code because it is fun. So much fun that I no longer sit around watching much TV and eating junk food. This morning I noticed that my cloths fit a little looser so I stepped on the scale and I was down 8 pounds from when I weighed myself 6 weeks ago. I am not a huge guy but had to laugh at my new programming weight loss program.

I get so focused on solving code problems I don't think about eating food like I use to just watching TV.

I will keep coding my pounds away.

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

I think you may be the first person in the history of computers to lose weight after becoming a programmer.

3. wpotere Guest

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Most of us sit there with junk food nearby. That being said, I have been on a health kick the last few years and have managed to get in the best shape I have even been in. Now I just have to keep the junk food out of the house. :)

4. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I can lose eight pounds in a matter of a few seconds. Usually happens several times a week.

5. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

Haha. I thought I would have stayed the same or gone up. But my habits have changed it appears. Perhaps my brain is burning more calories problem solving and the lack of junk food :)

What ever it is I am happy so far.

6. wpotere Guest

Yeah, my guess is that you are still young. That will eventually come to an end. ;)

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yes, I am so young that my HS Computer Science class had a Burroughs E4000 sitting in the corner (fun to play with, but not terribly useful) and an AST TTY (output to a roll of paper) with a paper tape drive, optical card reader and 110 baud modem for connecting to the HP 2000 mainframe over at Multiservices on 102nd Avenue. So young that the first personal computer I saw was an Altair 8080 that the owner loaded with MS BASIC from a paper tape. I am a veritable pup. But I imagine my habits will change when (if) I grow up.

8. wpotere Guest

LOL, then you are simply one of the lucky ones (I said it was a guess). I can't shred eight pounds in a week and keep it gone. I used to be able to do that but not any longer. ;)

9. lee1210 macrumors 68040

lee1210

He meant poop.

-Lee

10. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If it hasn't happened yet, there is hope it will never happen :D

11. Mac_Max macrumors 6502

Haha since I started programing with fervor and got a programing job I've lost about 20Lb and gained a bit in muscle mass... granted I also ride my bike 19 miles to work 2-3 days per week :p.

12. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I guess these guys missed the Twinkee generation! LOL

13. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

So someone else lost wight too. I was getting worried I was alone. Most of the junk food I would eat would be stuff that gets stuck to your fingers like Cheetos. It's no fun typing on the keyboard with Cheeto dust all over your fingers.

The down side to all this fun I am having is my sleeping schedule. I use to go to bed around midnight and now it's been as late at 4:30 on the weekends.

I am starting to regret not getting into programming 20 years ago when I started college.

14. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Is this what your keyboard looks like? :eek:

omg-keyboard.jpg