Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

'A New iOS Update is Now Available' Popping Up Repeatedly in iOS 14 Beta [Fixed: New Beta Available]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Many users running iOS 14 beta are reporting that they are seeing a dialog box pop up repeatedly asking them to update from the latest iOS 14 beta.

Threads in our forums, Reddit, and Twitter are reporting the issue. The dialog has been appearing for a few days now, but as of tonight has started appearing more frequently, every time an iPhone is unlocked. There's been further discussion in our iOS 14.2 Beta 4 thread.
Getting the notification to update my iOS every time I unlock my iPhone.
This issue was present like 5 years ago with one beta, the only way to stop it was by Apple having to push an emergency update, I remember it was the only time I was updating iPhone in the morning (in the EU) as they pushed it late night in Cali.
Previous betas have reportedly seen the same issue, according to postings in our forum.

Update: There's a new golden master version of iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 available to developers and public beta testers, which fixes the issue. Simply upgrade to 14.2 GM and the notices should stop.

Article Link: 'A New iOS Update is Now Available' Popping Up Repeatedly in iOS 14 Beta [Fixed: New Beta Available]

Last edited:

hmark8

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009

Many users running iOS 14 beta are reporting that they are seeing a dialog box pop up repeatedly asking them to update from the latest iOS 14 beta.

Threads in our forums, Reddit and Twitter are reporting the issue. The dialog has been appearing for a few days before, but tonight has started appearing much more frequently with every iPhone unlock. There's been further discussion in our iOS 14.2 Beta 4 thread.

Previous betas have reportedly seen the same issue, according to postings in our forum.

Article Link: 'A New iOS Update is Now Available' Popping Up Repeatedly in iOS 14 Beta
Started getting that a few days ago and has been very annoying but glad to hear its wide spread for beta users meaning there will be a fix vs those bugs that are less wide spread and can go a long time before being resolved if ever.

WaterOz

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2016
Hahaha. I see we all are looking for this answer tonight. The article popped up just as I started getting annoyed. I bet there’s a fix tomorrow. But gosh, gonna drive me crazy tonight

boogieman

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2004
I submitted a report under FB8838996. If anyone else has, post it and I’ll tag it in mine. Still shows recent similar reports as “none” but that takes a bit to update some times.
Filed a report and mine is FB8839413

WaterOz

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2016
I submitted a report under FB8838996. If anyone else has, post it and I’ll tag it in mine. Still shows recent similar reports as “none” but that takes a bit to update some times.
I’d tag yours, but I don’t actually know how to do that. Here’s mine: FB8839463

gravityeyelids

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2019
I just uninstalled the beta profile. It didn't help. Hope there are no ramifications from installing the profile. Especially if apple releases a hot fix for this. hmmm

• Wow
Reactions: Huck and eelynek

furbzv1

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2014
The midnight update notification wasnt bad... But every time i unlock my phone! now THAT is ANNOYING!
and of course it happens on the iPad too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.