A Question for ALL MacBook Pro Owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickZac, Dec 16, 2010.

?

Including current computers, how many MacBook pros have you owned in your lifetime?

1. This is my first MacBook Pro, and I will eventually purchase another MBP

96 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. This is my first MacBook Pro and I will NOT purchase another MBP

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. This is my second MacBook Pro

35 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. This is my third MacBook Pro

10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I have had more than three MacBook Pro's

11 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. NickZac, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I am curious to see how many repeat MacBook Pro customers are on this forum. If you currently own a MacBook Pro, please complete the above survey for me. This applies to any size and any year MBP. I will then vouch that you are awesome. Thank you.

2. miguueeel macrumors member

I love my MBP my next computer is going to be another :apple:

3. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

2 mbp. If i need to I will purchase another one. :cool: Currently in search of an iPad. Once you buy Apple products, it becomes addictive. Why? I have no idea. :D:D

4. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

On my second Macbook Pro, Well sorta. I had the 13" Aluminum Macbook, but they rebranded it to the "Pro" about 2 months after I got mine. Anywho, I know have a 15" MBP, and will definitely be purchasing another one in a cpl years.

5. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

This is my first MacBook Pro, and I will eventually purchase another MBP

I had an iBook G4 12" then a Dell Inspiron 9300 17" then got the MBP 15" that I am currently using. All have been great machines but the MBP is my favorite. It has the perfect balance of power to portability for my computing needs. It is a great laptop and I will be happily purchasing another MBP soon.

6. NickZac thread starter macrumors 68000

NickZac

I figured a good way to show someone who asks why they should consider a MBP, is what the people who own it have to say. When the majority of consumers are happy with their purchase and will be or have purchased more than one MBP, it speaks for itself regarding quality, and in itself justifies the price premium. It's also more useful than 'professional' reviews as these stats are coming from the people who have owned them for long periods of time and have used them in the real world.

The poll does assume that people who have owned two or more MacBook Pros are happy with them because if they were not, there is no logical reason why they would purchase another one given its price premium.

My 13" 5,5 MBP is my 1st, and will definitely be buying another.

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I've had two powerbooks before my current MBP 17". Given how prices have been coming down (yes, way way down), I'll be sticking with something Apple. Still down to the wire depending on the next update whether it'll be a MBA/MBP/iMac.

8. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Well.. My first MBP was from almost 5 years ago. And right now, I am in the market for a new one. I can't wait!

9. veryape macrumors newbie

Me too. Exactly.

10. ryanrich macrumors regular

On my first MBP and will definitely buy another one once it's finally time for an upgrade, but I think this version will last me a while, especially when I upgrade to SSD storage.

11. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I had a PowerBook, then a black MacBook and finally a MacBook Pro that I ditched at the end of 2009. So I guess that counts as two?

12. dizmonk macrumors regular

This is my first one. I do like it but the truth is time will tell. Almost all new computers function fine... The test is what it feels like a year or so from now...

13. NickZac thread starter macrumors 68000

NickZac

Wow...those are some pretty kick-ass, in your face results

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

This is my first MacBook Pro. I upgraded from a 13" MacBook, mostly for the larger screen, louder speakers, and dedicated graphics. I didn't like having two computers (my MacBook and an iMac), so thought I would simplify by using only one computer (my MacBook Pro). I really like the 9 hour battery life, and the larger screen lived up to my expectations, but it is a little bulky. It's also a little louder than I would have preferred (both the HDD and the fans).

The new 11" MacBook Air is tempting, though, so maybe one day I'll revert back to using two computers. But the MacBook Air's battery life will have to double in the meantime.

15. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

3rd Macbook Pro, 4th Apple Notebook (12 inch Powerbook was my second Apple notebook).

16. zodqyv macrumors regular

As there are three of us in my household (I have a 12 year old), we have bought one of every generation of MacBook Pro since the move to Intel.

In the Powerbook G4 era we didn't add machines nearly as regularly, but my kid was also a lot younger and mostly played around on an iMac back then.

Since the move to the present unibody design I cannot imagine buying any other notebook (other than the 11.6" MacBook Air, anyway). I can't wait to see what Apple comes up with for 2011.

17. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm still on my first MBP, a 2007 15" model 2,2. It's been a real trooper and I still use it heavily every week. I do plan on getting a new MBP someday, just not sure when; perhaps when this one gives up the ghost.

18. robbiluo macrumors newbie

Still on my first MBP,late 2008 MBP.
    You know the MBP is much more expensive than other computers in China,and many people think the Mac is only a beautiful product not a good cost-effective product, but now more and more people use the Apple's products around me.
    MBP is the most beautiful and practical laps I have owned.
    I plan to buy a newly iMac next year.
    I love Mac.....

19. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I used PCs since Window 3.1 thru XP all the way up till Q1 2010. And I smack talked Macs most of the way. Then my inability to find a decent stable PC laptop for audio work led me to get my first MBP. A little daunting at first learning the OS. But after a short while I knew there was no going back. I will be getting my second one next year.

20. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

when the new one comes out i will buy that and sell this. :D

21. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

on my first one, and I'll DEFINITELY be buying a 2nd, and a 3rd, and a 4th, and a... well you get the idea

22. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

On my third but if I include the replacements I had to have for my previous model then I am on my 5th...

23. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I bought a MBP and a Mac Mini at the same time. Without a doubt I won't be buying another Windows PC.

24. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I had a new 2.4 base mbp didnt like it so much
    now I have early 08 2.66ghz 15 love it

25. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well, it's not my first Macintosh or even Macintosh laptop but it is my first MBP. If the MBP wasn't an option I'd settle for a Macbook but honestly I'd try to get another MBP again unless I just couldn't afford it or they weren't offering one that I could justify (not good enough jump from previous MBP, not offering a 13", etc).