Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I think this is probably correct. I would not be surprised if the iPhone 6 looks a lot like this. I like how thin it is. BUT, It's what's on the inside that counts, IF the iPhone 6 doesn't knock my socks off, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go to the dark side (Android).

What does this mean for you?

See for me, its mostly about iOS 8. While I'll never completely move away from iOS/iPhone, I did have a few key things I really wanted in the next iPhone/iOS:

-Larger display
-Quick Reply
-Better Email Attachment options
-Swype typing

I'm FOR SURE getting three of those. And I have the sneaking suspicion we'll see iCloud Drive take care of the email attachment issue.

Other than that, the processor in the 5S is already faster than anything on the app store can take advantage of. I'll definitely be up for the obligatory camera updates, but the 5S camera is great for me already. A thinner design with the same or slightly better battery life is all I'm looking for. The fact that likely all 4 of my desires will be taken care of just further cements me in the Apple ecosystem.

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
What does this mean for you?

See for me, its mostly about iOS 8. While I'll never completely move away from iOS/iPhone, I did have a few key things I really wanted in the next iPhone/iOS:

-Larger display
-Quick Reply
-Better Email Attachment options
-Swype typing

I'm FOR SURE getting three of those. And I have the sneaking suspicion we'll see iCloud Drive take care of the email attachment issue.

Other than that, the processor in the 5S is already faster than anything on the app store can take advantage of. I'll definitely be up for the obligatory camera updates, but the 5S camera is great for me already. A thinner design with the same or slightly better battery life is all I'm looking for. The fact that likely all 4 of my desires will be taken care of just further cements me in the Apple ecosystem.

It was already confirmed during the ios 8 announcement that the email attachment feature was getting a major boost.

1981d

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
Those bands are so ugly if this is real

If the 6 looks like that, then apple will have taken a huge step back. I think they have always had the most aesthetically pleasing phones, but that's an edge they can kiss goodbye if this is even close to real. That thing looks like it has caulk lines, not antenna breaks.

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
Looking at all the pictures convinced me more that it's not real. The extra sensor on the top of the front- the way it's offset from the center like that and between the height of the speaker and the camera doesn't look right, I don't think Apple would like it not being symmetrical.

Also on the back the ring around the camera protruding like that would not be allowed, unless it was an actual optical zoom type moving part or something.

Also the front glass doesn't match the leaked part from the other day, with the home button opening touching the bottom edge.

I'm a little more convinced now that this isn't the real thing, although it could be based on the real thing- some Chinese workers over there may have seen the real thing and now are basing these knockoffs on it, so it could be very close, we just don't know.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I sure hope the metal sides come up to fully encase the sides of the screen. Apple are fooling nobody into thinking the device is thinner than it actually is. I hate the raised screen on the 5/5S.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Agreed that the stripes are hideous. And because that's a widely held opinion of the leaks, I have a feeling it might not be what we think (i.e. they might be colored in or blended during the final production step or something).

Realistically though, 99% of iPhone users wouldn't "smash it into the store" just because they found a cosmetic decision unappealing. They will still be lining up to buy it. Remember "scuffgate"? How bad did that hurt sales when people weren't able to keep their 5's "pristine" looking for more than a few days?

I don't like the "pinstriping" either, but meh... it's still a no brainer buy anyway.

*throws money at computer screen*

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Way to start a war on here ;)

But it's probably those goophones, so I'm not worried.

Not sweating it..

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
If the 6 looks like that, then apple will have taken a huge step back. I think they have always had the most aesthetically pleasing phones, but that's an edge they can kiss goodbye if this is even close to real. That thing looks like it has caulk lines, not antenna breaks.

Agree, that looks like a huge step backwards for apple.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I think it's a fake mostly due to the fact that the front facing camera is over top of the earpiece grill. All recent leaks have shown the front facing camera to the left of the earpiece but hey we'll all know on September 9th right?

Last edited:

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Guys give it up already, that's so incredibly fake. The screen already looks tacky in the photo, it doesn't seem too high quality. Also just look at the font of the calendar app in the picture, it's thicker than usual... Just like on those functional mock-up devices running custom Android.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Why is iPhone so much overhyped ..... I just traded mine with HTC m8 n I'm soo glad

Because people thinks it makes them look "cool", "important", or better than others. It's a status symbol to many, which is why you see so many fools taking off work/standing in lines for days to buy a new apple product.

----------

Fake - camera is in wrong place

Uum no it's not. That's where iPhone cameras have been for years.... Upper left corner on the backside

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.