A real life iPhone+ bend test. Normal usage!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayson A, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jayson A macrumors 68000

This guy puts the iPhone 6 Plus in his back pocket and sits down on a hard chair. He also puts it in his front pocket with keys and other stuff and he can't get the phone to bend in his pocket.

He also tries to bend it by squashing it against a rounded chair. The bending problem is clearly NOT an issue if you use your iPhone like a friggin PHONE and not a stress-ball.

Just watch this video and you'll feel more comfortable about carrying your iPhone 6 or 6+ around in your pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOFhClknijw

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Fun video... He really goes at it. Thanks for sharing it.

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

as far as I could tell he never even turned on the phone screen.

Also unless I missed it I would have liked him to put it screen facing down on a table and shown very closely that it had no minor bends, because to me it looked slightly bent under the volume button.

But I could just as easily do what some others have done with bend videos and accuse this of being a fake, he just pulls out an iphone never turns the screen on or anything.

IF i missed this and it actually was in the video tell me where please.

4. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

It looks somewhat bent near the volume button/mute switch.... :eek:

5. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I thought so too but he never stuck it flat on the screen on a flat surface nor gave us a very good view or lighting.

6. iceperson macrumors 6502

I knew this guy who was so drunk he didn't remember driving home even though he drove himself. Is that proof that drinking and driving is safe?

7. Jayson A thread starter macrumors 68000

But he said he didn't feel any sort of flexing.

I am slightly concerned that he didn't hold the phone up to the camera for long enough to tell if it was actually straight.

I'm also curious as to why he'd want to torture his phone like that unless he's really that confident that nothing will happen.