Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

A Second Look at Demiforce's Trism

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Republished from TouchArcade.

A followup video of puzzle-game Trism reveals a surprisingly feature rich game at a bargain price. The first video showed the basic gameplay of Trism. Trism fully utilizes both the iPhone’s touchscreen and accelerometer to allow users to line up game pieces. When a three-way color match is made, the matching triangles disappear and other triangles fall in the direction of gravity to fill the void

The new video demo shows off some additional features and announces a price of only $4.99.

Youtube Video

- 3 Game Modes: Classic, Timed, Puzzle
- 22 different achievements to find
- Online scoring. See how you compare to others around the world.
- Free demo to be available
- $4.99 Price

Demiforce hopes to release it as soon as the iTunes App Store opens.

Article Link

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Looks kinda neat. Think I'll wait for some reviews first. Is Bejeweled really going to be $20? I was wanting to get the native version since I think it will be much smoother and easier to use. But probably won't for $20. I hope Bejeweled somehow uses the accelerometer. I wonder what is the average space these games will use? I could see myself running out of space quick with all these apps. 32gb iPhone 3g...where are you!?!?

Muffled Voice: "Over here hiding in Steve's pocket while he practices his keynote!"

Me: "Oh ok, thats cool then. See you Monday."

// and now I've officially gone mad...

Comment

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I have been playing around with the Demo on my Jailbroken iPhone for sometime, and I've got to say, it will be worth every cent in the world! Awesome job Steve on creating the best iPhone game anywhere!

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
:)

Finally someone has a reasonable price for their puzzle games.

So many tiny companies you've never heard of are out there trying to sell their games for $15-20... and it normally turns out they suck.

If only I had an iphone <_<.

Comment

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
This is a great game! i had lots of games on my phone (before I sold it a couple of days ago) and I always went back to this one! I found it to be as addictive as Bejeweled and more of a challenge. It sounds like the non-demo version will be even better.

I always thought that $20 was WAY too much for Bejeweled on the Treo and never bought it. They would make so many more sales if they'd sell it for under $10. Demiforce actually asked for input on their forum about the cost and I think that they will do great at this price! I'll buy it as soon as it's available...well, as soon as I can get my new iPhone. ;)

Comment

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Game looks pretty neat. $4.99 is reasonable I feel too. If he can get just 50,000 people to download out of the millions who own an iPhone, that's $174,650!

Comment

iamse7en

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
Trism = Best game on iPhone Today

I've been playing the Trism demo, religiously, for about a month, and I can say it is fun, addicting, and mind-warping. The hidden achievements are so unique and fun.

It is an amazing game! I can't wait for the App Store to go live, on the night of June 30th. ;)

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Is it so late at night that MacRumors is running paid commercial advertisements now?>

macrumors has been known to do promotions like this before, hardly surprising. or it could just be highlighting an already developed app that takes full advantage of the capabilities of the device.

but in any event this looks like a fun game, and 4.99 is reasonable that i wouldn't mind paying for it. i think that might be the sweet spot all around to be honest.

Comment

radiogod69

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
Minnesota
Game looks pretty neat. $4.99 is reasonable I feel too. If he can get just 50,000 people to download out of the millions who own an iPhone, that's $174,650!

I agree, $4.99 is a bargain. Theres no chance in hell I'd ever spend $20 for a mobile phone game.

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Of course, $5 is the normal price for games on Apple's portables, isn't it? The iPod games are all $5 unless some of the ones they've added since I last bought cost more...

I'm going to have to buy Peggle for iPod... I got peggle fever from that dang 10 level trial version that came with The Orange Box via steam...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.