iPhone X A slight disconnect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ffosse, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Ffosse, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018

Ffosse macrumors 68000

With 3 different home buttons/face ID.

I haven't noticed much lack of muscle memory between using my 8 and my X - obviously one has a capacitive button (which I like), the other face ID (which I also like.

However, last night, using my iPad I found it difficult momentarily to use the clicky key, briefly wondering what I was doing - not enough to stop me using it, but definitely different. This was pronounced on my friend's SE, also

Does anyone else think Apple will unify things by having face ID/remove the button for all their devices, and how necessary/cost effective this would prove to be?

2. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

Silly thread I started really - just about the differing home buttons and Face ID on the X. I think Face ID is here to stay, but ever since I bought the 7, I've thought the capacitive home button a better solution than the clicky one on my iPad Pro.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I still don't see the point. Do you have all these devices listed?

4. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, what's in my signature. I'd be happiest if they had made the iPad Pro with a capacitive button. But it's a First World problem - I've been evaluating all my devices since I got cancer and deciding what works best for me.

As I said, though, the iPad doesn't get much use currently but the X and Apple Watch were invaluable to me for directions recently, shuttling off to different buildings.