Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewForeva

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
well if you want to loose money yes! it's a scam! have you checked with the carrier by chance.

Yes, if i want to unlock i have to pay the contract cancelling fee. Thats why I'm looking for alternative methods

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
these guys have a good rep and are considered about as legit as can be http://cutyoursim.com/ I'd say pass on the other but that's up to you.. a quick google search of iphoneUnlockScam.com reviews and I think you will have an answer.

one other note why would you even name your unlock site iphoneunlockscam :rolleyes: by the way I'm coming out with some bread i'm calling Already Moldy Bread! yummy huh!

Last edited:

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
Can someone with an at&t account help me unlock my iphone please. Bought it at full price. Phoned them but since I am not an at&t customer, they will not unlock it.

Thanks in advance

officialiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
well if you want to loose money yes! it's a scam! have you checked with the carrier by chance.

Can you qualify that statement please? The moderators on modmyi.com recommend us, that is a pretty well respected website.

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downg...lp-unlock-jailbreak-iphone-4-ios-5-1-1-a.html

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-activation/808288-can-i-factory-unlock-4s-bought-ebay-t.html

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-activation/808831-unlock-iphone-4-ios-5-1-1-bb-4-12-01-a.html

We don't write our own reviews on our website, we use independent companies such as Trustpilot and Reviewcentre to handle reviews.

We're also on Facebook.com/officialiphoneunlock

You can see videos of people unlocking their iPhones with our service here -
http://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...liphoneunlock.co.uk+youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

We're about as open a company as there can be - we were as sick of the jail breaks masquerading as unlock scams as you all were.

Stating that we're a scam and that people will lose money is actually slanderous, Labman - I'd appreciate it if you'd edit your first comment - you did actually correct yourself in a later post.

You're just pushing people away from a legitimate service into the hands of the scammers.

James.
http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

Last edited:

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
1. Never pay for something that should be free - it's either a scam or (if it actually works) a ripoff.

2. Never listen to people with one post vouching for anybody - especially when it's on an old thread that was resurrected by ONE person trying to defend their "service".

officialiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
1. Never pay for something that should be free - it's either a scam or (if it actually works) a ripoff.

2. Never listen to people with one post vouching for anybody - especially when it's on an old thread that was resurrected by ONE person trying to defend their "service".

1. Why should it be free? And who decides whether something should be free? You?
Software unlocks are written for free and should be free, yes.

2. I agree with this totally. But we wrote something on twitter asking people to come to this post. twitter.com/unlocksales

3. Rip-off? Why don't you ask that to say, a guy in india who has bought an iPhone 4S locked to AT&T off ebay perhaps and unable to use it. Would he think $100 was a rip-off to get his $700 phone working?
Whitelisting your IMEI in the iTunes database isn't easy, and requires complicated networks of people within the network, all of whom take a cut of the price.

You guys have been scammed for too long by websites selling software unlocks.

Last edited:

officialiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
There is no problem, but its obvious what you and the other posted above you are doing. Most likelly you're the same person anyway since you posted within minutes apart and registered at the same time.
But I can appreciate the fact that you are trying to protect your business reputation if you are in fact a legit unlock site.
But you also have to realize for many years now members lost lots of money to many scam unlock sites. And there's thousands out there, we cant even begin to try and verify them all.
So as a rule we tell them to try contacting the carrier themselves and do it for free instead of paying an arm and a leg for such services.

We even state on our website that AT&T will unlock it for free, but only in certain circumstances. We're the second port of call, so to speak.

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/att-iphone-unlock.php

jay47

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
Appears at least one of your followers thinks he got ripped off .
officialiphoneunlock twitter

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 10.22.28 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 10.22.28 AM.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 333

officialiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012

This isn't petty though Derek - we actually lost a sale because of what labman had written calling us a scam based on nothing other than opinion. He hadn't bothered to do ANY research. A simply google of our website will give you some idea as to the legitimacy of our service.

----------

Appears at least one of your followers thinks he got ripped off .
officialiphoneunlock twitter

That guy was refunded three days after the date of purchase on the 5th July (he misunderstood the term pre-order). You can ask him yourself on twitter.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
This isn't petty though Derek - we actually lost a sale because of what labman had written calling us a scam based on nothing other than opinion. He hadn't bothered to do ANY research. A simply google of our website will give you some idea as to the legitimacy of our service.

Things could have been handled better and differently. One wrong does not make another wrong right. several post were removed before and I will just leave it a that. just for the record I searched before and found complaints yes I found happy customers as well but we are talking about company's collecting IMEI from people now here is one site with a collection of reviews I will list people can decide if they want to try your services or not. I will edit out the word scam to make peace but I will continue to say people should do allot of research before giving there credit cards or phones IMEI numbers. I also question the use of the word legit business since I doubt the phone carriers or Apple stand behind the service. I just urge people do lots of research on any jailbreaking or unlocking before doing it. After all it's only going to benefit them. I will edit the top line and I'm done with this.

Last edited:

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY

Lets not go too far legitimate?No.Can you unlock iPhones?I dont know.But the only legitimate way to unlock a phone is through the carrier

Last edited by a moderator:

officialiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
I went through http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/att-iphone-unlock.php . My phone was unlocked within hours.

That's great news Bobby - and I can see you have quite a few posts on MacRumors too - that should prove that we are legitimate now ;)

What about other customers, are they allowed to post here saying that http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk is indeed legitimate and that they are happy, without having their posts removed?

We can unlock AT&T handsets in under 6 hours, in any quantity, and have been for a long time now.

PS some reviews can be found here:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/Mobile-...ww-officialiphoneunlock-co-uk-reviews_1430754

Last edited:

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Glad to see some evidence come to light that points to your site being legitimate. It's nice to see something that isn't a scam for once...

Unfortunately, what you have to understand is that you've chosen an industry rife with scammers. It's akin to being legitimately in the business of reuniting people with their wealthy Nigerian relatives and their inheritance. The first thing people see is "SCAM" (for those about to get offended - it's hyperbole, obvoiously).

Best wishes.

Phil2003

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Just registered to let you know...

I paid € 15,- and thats what i got:

"09 Sep 2012 08:57:12 - IMEI lookup complete. Please refer to our email to find out what network the handset is locked to. YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT AN UNLOCK - YOU HAVE BOUGHT A SERVICE TO TELL YOU WHAT NETWORK THE HANDSET IS LOCKED TO."

This is a scam imho, because its absolutly not clear what you pay for. Glad that its not more then € 15,- ive wasted.

psharp

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2011
I tried this service and I have to say I'm rather content with the result. After fighting with AT&T on a off contract iPhone 4 I gave in to my frustration and decided to try the service. It's not free, but it's cheaper than having to buy a new phone under a two year contract. I'm passing on the review I wrote for trustpilot.com

I had an AT&T locked iPhone, from the United States, I just moved to France and wanted to use a network in France, SFR or Orange.
After a long battle with AT&T I gave in and started looking for third party solutions. I was on a baseband that to this date had not been hardware unlocked so and IMEI unlock was really the only option available. Through a series of google searches I arrived here (http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk) I was skeptical but after doing some research I found it trust worthy enough to try.
I must note that every person who reviewed this company only had one review, I realize now as I write this review that is because the unlocking company offers a 2.50 rebate for anyone who leaves a review

This service was quick and decently priced. 35(pounds) about 50 USD. Being an older phone my request was processed within 12 hours and phone within another 12, on a Sunday I might add. The company provided a couple extra steps in the follow up email to complete the unlock on my side which I followed and worked and my phone is now happy functioning on the SFR network.

I will admit I was skeptical at first but this company has come through and done what they advertised. It's nice to see a legitimate company proving a good necessary service.

If anyone has questions feel free to message me.

Sij13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Well, they may not be a scam but they do have the worst customer service I have ever come across. I have called numerous times, on an 0871 number for a LONG time, with no answer.

They haven't replied to my tweets, my emails or been available via Skype as their website intimates. All in all I am very disappointed that they have taken my money and done nothing so far.

If I was anyone who was unsure whether to use this company then I would take this as a big vote for DON'T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.