A way to Backup World of Warcraft Addons Automatically

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by droidlev, Nov 24, 2010.

1. droidlev macrumors newbie

Anyone heard of kickstarter.com? I've pledged some money on a couple of projects out there. It's pretty cool. I decided to start my own. Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/709669301/world-of-warcraft-addon-backup.

I play a ton of WOW on my mac at home, and have found that it's always a pain to transfer my character (bar) settings and addons to my laptop. I'm working on an automator script in conjunction with DropBox to stay in sync.

I know that some of you have created a couple of other third party apps that don't toy directly with Blizzards Terms of Service. Just a thought. Feel free to take a look at my project, or even post your own!

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Option 2 is just to use a sync program which I have to keep my laptop and desktop on the same page, and sync up the appropriate WoW folder. I did this for years and is as easy as pushing a button.

Synk Standard.

3. droidlev thread starter macrumors newbie

.....Yes, but $35 is a more expensive option

Yes, I used to use something similar. Synk Standard is $35. Plus if you use dropbox in conjunction with this Automator App, it can be retrieved from anywhere. I just figured it would be something cool to post in the forums. I like hearing about other peoples projects. I just though the whole kickstarter thing was cool.

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Huntn, you know the Cata expansion is out on Dec 7th :D .

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I hear noth'n!! :p (But I appreciate the good vibes directed my way.)

BTW, has Blizzard said anything about a final WoW expansion? I forget. Have a good Thanksgiving!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Blizz has stated that another expansion is planned, but I have no idea whether it's supposed to be a final one.