About AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daccg, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. daccg macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I just got an iPhone 7 in Spain and would like to purchase AppleCare+ in the UK since this is where my permanent residency is. Nevertheless, I contacted Apple to purchase AppleCare+ over the phone and they told me that my phone is eligible but unfortunately I won’t be able to order express replacements since the phone wasn’t purchased in the UK.

I found the above very weird, especially because I used to have AppleCare+ on an iPhone bought in the UAE and I was able to request an express replacement.

Lastly, I’ve read the Terms and Conditions for AppleCare+ in the UK and they don’t mention any restriction.

Has anyone been in my situation, or at least a similar one? Does anyone know if what I was told was correct? It wouldn’t be the first time that a customer rep from Apple gives me inaccurate information.

Thanks in advance!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

From what I understand, it can vary from country to country.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Being linked to a Spanish phone would mean you get covered under that countries tos.

4. daccg thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. In that case I will need to check if express replacement is available there... which I believe was the case.