About ''cooler or warmer'' Iphone4 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cpt.Oliver, May 4, 2011.

1. Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Hello,

I was a bit concern myself about the two type of Iphone4 screen on the market, the yellowish one and blueish one.

So I decided today to go to my local Apple store and ask those genius guys. They confirmed me that the iphone and ipad should have a warmer screen . They also said if its too blueish its defective or a glitch.

So you guys can calm down about your warmer screen, it work as intended.

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

And the genius I talked too said the warmer screen is a defect and it should look like the displays. All depends who you talk too.

3. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

mine's cooler (black iPhone 4), my gf's is warmer (white iPhone 4)

they're both stunningly gorgeous.

4. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Yeah, I received a replacement yesterday and it's definitely much warmer than the previous one I had. Not too bad straight on, but on angles, it's much dimmer and warmer than the previous. Not happy.

5. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

Exactly. Neither one is a defect, except for perhaps extreme cases.

I believe the different-colored panels are a deliberate attempt by Apple to arrive at a more "accurate" color representation on the iPhone or that the two different panels are merely from two different panel manufacturers. Whatever the case things definitely seem to be trending yellow. Which is a shame because some of us preferred the blue.

6. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Well i think you wont see blueish screen tint anytime soon , like the genius guy told me , blueish screen are glith and/or defective.

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

you and the genius are kidding yourselves. There is not a single "warm" screened iphone 4 on display in any Apple store in the world. Sorry man, yellow is a defect.

8. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Genius also told me , iphone display at apple store are different than iphone for mass production.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Agreed. My girlfriend just bought a brand new iPhone 4 a week ago with a blue tint. My phone is nasty yellow to hers. Finally getting a brand new retail box phone through advanced replacement. You shoulda heard the woman on the phone on how disgusted she was with the yellow screen.

10. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I think all of the display models are from the first production run.

My first iPhone 4 from August had a blue screen, but every replacement unit I've had to go through since has had a yellow screen.

I can't vouch for any brand new ones, but as far as I know, all replacements have the warmer colored display.

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Wow that is not true at all. I was hold on the phone by an Applecare supervisor the displays are the same as retail phones with programs already installed.

Sounds to me the genius fed you lies to satisfy you.

12. Tavio macrumors newbie

I find it amazing that the floor models at Apple and AT&T/Verizon stores are flawless and the ones for sale have yellow tinted screens. Forget the yellow tinted screens, how about fixing the HORRIBLE backlight bleeding, not found on prior iPhone 4's and iPads. Absolutely amazing Apple is getting away with it, when they are advertising the high-resolution retina displays that are supposed to be practically viewable "flawlessly" from any angle.

13. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Anyway looks like the genius is right ,looks like all iphone and ipad on the market are warmer screen now. And reading all about these warmer screen it make sense...

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yes, he's correct that refurbs are warmer. Not brand new.

15. Tavio macrumors newbie

Both new and refurbs have this yellow-tinted screen from experience. As I stated in another post, why doesn't Apple just not implement a uniform standard across all screen manufacturers, as they depend on many manufacturer to meet demand?! That would resolve all of these issues with the blue/yellow tint. It is beyond me why they haven't done so already, considering the display is the most used item on newer devices. I still see some new iPhones 4 and iPads with either blue or yellow tinted displays.

16. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Are not all new iphone4 white warmer screen ?

17. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I have seen 10+ refurbs with all yellow screens

10+ brand new right outta the box that have the blue. Including my girlfriends last week.

Brand new ones aren't affected.

Not saying it isn't possible, but Ive never even seen one post anywhere about a brand new iPhone 4 having a yellow tint.
    Every post is about a refurb.

18. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Wow... you have your head in the clouds if you take that One Geniuses words as gospel. I have found many geniuses to be one step up from Best buy employees in that they haven't a clue yet will spew nonsense as if it were fact.

A blueish tint is not a defect and in fact is the way it was originally ment to be. That is why the display models (from june last year) have this type of display.

it has only been in the last 6 months that the variance in panels have increased I believe due to a high demand and the need to outsource to several different suppliers to keep the channels flowing.

As for display models being different you are mistaken. the are exactly the same. come out of retail boxes and they image them to match a "Demo" setup they have. If that statement were true, it would be extremely unethical for apple to display a product for pre sales and a different one with major differences for the actual consumer.

Sorry to say it, but you are dead wrong on this.

19. kre62 macrumors 68000

Lets all use our critical thinking skills, especially the OP.

Why would all the refurbs have yellow screens?

Could it be that....the refurbs are created using phones people return because they have ugly nasty screens? And Apple is hoping less discerning customers will end up with those refurbs?

The answer is yes.

Blueish screen=correct screen. Sounds like the apple employee (not a genius by any means) wanted you to take some trash of their hands.

20. n4no macrumors newbie

I bought a brand new white iPhone 4 last week and the white ones on display had warmer screens. Does it mean they're all defects and I should return mine? So you're saying they could've taken the black yellow screen iPhones and changed the casing without telling us and repackaged them as new/demo white iPhones?

21. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

the yellow tinted screen is not a defect, and neither is the blue tint. They are obviously screens from different manufacturers. This type of thing happens all the time with notebook computers.

22. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

So would it be possible for apple to push an update so we can calibrate our iphone or ipad screen the way we like ?

23. kre62 macrumors 68000

Most people are talking/complaing about a piss yellow stained screen, not a nice clear screen with a slightly warmer tone. However, sometimes people come along and assume that the complainers are just being over sensitive. Not the case.

24. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Doubtful.

Honestly, you shouldn't let it bother you. You have a beautiful device with an excellent high resolution screen.

And it it does bother you, take it back. Don't use something that you're disappointed with.

25. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Let me put this more clear. There has not been one post on a black iPhone 4 brand new with a yellow tinted screen.

But yes a lot on the white brand new iPhone 4 about yellow screens.