"About This Mac" header question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DonCarlos, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

I have noticed on web that pictures of the "About This Mac" box, show that the individual headers OVERVIEW DISPLAY STORAGE MEMORY and above each is an icon.

[​IMG]
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2...eview-includes-ical-about-this-mac-tweaks.ars

1) Mine differs that there is no icon displayed for each listed category, only the category names. Does anyone know how to get those icons to display on that box?

[​IMG]

2) Mine also differs that when the About This Mac box is not split screen

[​IMG]

Just wondering if there is something that I need to do to get the icons and split display box appearance? Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

If you look at the build number in the first screenshot, you'll notice it is an earlier build than the final (GM) version of Lion (11A511). That's why it looks different.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The link you referenced for the split window view was a developer's preview from March.

Mine looks the same as yours. I would guess they made a change during one of the later builds.

4. caen1 macrumors member

Mine looks the same, but I find the other one to look better. Aren't there any Terminal hacks to perhaps enable at least the header icons? :D

5. DonCarlos thread starter macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Ditto

Hey, but thank you guys for the responses. :)

To bad couldn't get the header box to look like that one.