Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbuckner

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
Tulsa
excuse me if I am wrong, but I never heard/read anything from apple about voiding my warranty at the time I did the unlock. they really only commenced their warnings a few days prior to the release of 1.1.1. or am I neglecting something else, perhaps some text from their EULA?

but again, I really don't care about terms and agreements right now. I am going to do whatever it takes to get my phone replaced with one that I should have gotten from the very BEGINNING.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda........Sorry to say but your going to assed out. If your iPhone had screen problems then you should have noticed them before you unlocked it. The moment you unlocked your iPhone you voided your warranty. Let me say that again; The moment you unlocked your iPhone you voided your warranty.

Game Over.

End of Story.

Apple doesn't have to and won't replace a iPhone that was unlocked, it's that simple. You demanding that you should get a new one because it's broken is all fine and good, the problem is that you broke that code when you unlocked it and crying to Apple isn't going to fix it. I'd suck it up and buy a new one, switch carriers and be done with it. Either that or live with the screen issue. Either way your SOL.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
Woulda Coulda Shoulda........Sorry to say but your going to assed out. If your iPhone had screen problems then you should have noticed them before you unlocked it. The moment you unlocked your iPhone you voided your warranty. Let me say that again; The moment you unlocked your iPhone you voided your warranty.

Game Over.

End of Story.

Apple doesn't have to and won't replace a iPhone that was unlocked, it's that simple. You demanding that you should get a new one because it's broken is all fine and good, the problem is that you broke that code when you unlocked it and crying to Apple isn't going to fix it. I'd suck it up and buy a new one, switch carriers and be done with it. Either that or live with the screen issue. Either way your SOL.

That was helpful....

emil2007

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007

Well jbuckner, normally people assume they can do as they please with their own computers.

Emil

emil2007

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Try overclocking your computer and see how much warranty support you get.

We were talking about Apple refusing to fix a hardware problem because he tinkered with the software.

I don't want to get into an argument over this. The only point I really want to make is that there is probably some sort of implied warranty issue here.

Emil

jbuckner

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
Tulsa
We were talking about Apple refusing to fix a hardware problem because he tinkered with the software.

I don't want to get into an argument over this. The only point I really want to make is that there is probably some sort of implied warranty issue here.

Emil

There isn't a implied warranty issue here, it's a warranty issue. You tinker with the software/unlock/hack your iPhone then you have voided the warranty. It's that simple.

It's just as if you replaced your hard drive on your Macbook Pro (which voids the warranty), and then sent it into Apple for warranty work when the hard drive fails. I know the OP didn't replace any hardware on the iPhone, but the warranty was voided just the same.

There isn't a argument to win here, if you have a warranty then you can get a replacement for the screen issue, if you have unlocked your phone then you don't have a warranty and can't ask Apple to fix something that you broke. End of story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.