Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
my ipad has a passcode set that can't be disabled and the jb app warns about this causing failures and doesn't let you proceed from what i can tell. i think the only way i can disable my passcode is to do a restore first before connecting to my companies exchange server which enforces the passcode. so....looks like no jb for me at this point.

can't say that i care too much at this point. there are definitely pros to jb'ing, but keeping up with jb apps/hacks/etc is time consuming and i've sort of lost interest in that game.

chkenwing

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2010
Servers are getting hammered, I can't connect to the servers.

I'm stuck at "Almost done - just unlock screen....."

vstephenson

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
JB App kept crashing on my MBP :mad:

Maybe because I foolishly updated iTunes yesterday

Fortunately it worked fine on wifes MB ! :D which hadnt had the latest v of iTunes

mikeymoves

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2003
NYC
I JB'd my phone easily by enabling VPN but for some reason, I cannot get it done on the iPad. Whenever I enable VPN, I get an error but it doesn't auto-reboot and finish like the phone did.

bernyberns

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Jail broke my iPad 2 but my iTunes app icon is blank white..thumbs down...anyone know how to fix this????

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
I am stuck at the tap the icon on your screen and then it goes white. I've rebooted and nothing so I've started the whole process over again

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Gone through everything now 2x, second time with passcode disabled.

This is on an ipad2.

Still just get a blank white screen after tapping the absinthe app icon.

VPN trick doesn't work. Just get an error. No reboot, no JB, no nothing thus far.

chkenwing

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2010
I am stuck at the tap the icon on your screen and then it goes white. I've rebooted and nothing so I've started the whole process over again

Keep closing/opening the app.

It's basically trying to make a connection to the server.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Keep getting the "Error establishing a database connection" on my iPad, which Im sure a lot of others are getting as well.

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Keep getting the "Error establishing a database connection" on my iPad, which Im sure a lot of others are getting as well.

I sometimes get that error message and sometimes get just a white screen.. keep opening and closing

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
like others...

stuck on the white page. i will try again later but this could take a day given the pent up demand for this.

and please leave a donation to the team. this was difficult and worth it to all of us who use it.

;)

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Given the problems and the fact that I have yet to get the site to load once, I think I'm going to back off and try jbing in the middle of the night. Did upgrade, though! Strangely, Atomic loads my blogger stats page better now. Not an advantage to upgrading that I was expecting.

braaains

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Worked first time for me - took about 10 minutes from start to finish and I didn't need to manually toggle the VPN :D

Installed all the cydia stuff I had before and so far everything's working perfectly!

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Stuck at the white screen after opening the app. I've opened and closed a few times now with no luck. Guess I'll just keep trying as I'm sure their servers are getting hammered. I can't even get to the official site now

Chic0

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
UK
I got the white screen too when I opened the app. I just enabled VPN in settings, the Ipad2 rebooted and jailbreak was completed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.