Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamesl94

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
I would say either refurbished or student discount, basically, go in to the Apple Store with a student with a card to show they are a student and you get 6% off.

OR wait until the schools start a new term when they have a deal going off, a free ipod nano and printer, then you can sell the printer and Ipod to get a bit back.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
it's the long road, but you could do what i did:

1. own or know someone who owns a small business (or self employed) who makes lots of money and is taxed accordingly.
2. buy refurbished as a business expense.
3. remit the tax.
4. reduce your taxable income.

after the taxes are done i will have spent about $650 CAD for the 2.4GHz MacBook (which costs $1449 CAD before taxes for the refurbished model).

Spares

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2009
and that my friend is a felony..... unless of course it actually is a business expense

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
it's the long road, but you could do what i did:

1. own or know someone who owns a small business (or self employed) who makes lots of money and is taxed accordingly.
2. buy refurbished as a business expense.
3. remit the tax.
4. reduce your taxable income.

after the taxes are done i will have spent about $650 CAD for the 2.4GHz MacBook (which costs $1449 CAD before taxes for the refurbished model).

I think thats something not to say as it incites a felony or federal class offense here in the US. We've learned not to mess with the Internal Rape Service, I mean... Revenue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.