Absolutely loathe the new notifications and control center update. Just horrible!

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by xrevilationx, Sep 13, 2016.

1. xrevilationx macrumors member

xrevilationx

I'm hesitant to download it. When I had the original beta I loathed the new notification bubbles on my 12' iPad Pro. They were huge, clunky, and the grey color was absolutely off-putting. We couldn't even change the color. I missed the clear colored, small, noninvasive notifications that would elegantly pop up.

Then we have the control center. That also became an intrusive, overly large mess with not one, but several separate panels you had to slide through . That was also unattractive and made something that was simple with only one step needed to use it. Now you have to go through several steps, depending on what you needed to access.

Now that it went through numerous betas and the final release has finally arrived. Have they done anything to improve it? If someone whom owns the ipad pro, could kindly screenshot their notification bubbles, and the control center, or make a video using both, that would be so greatly appreciated.

Again, I'm afraid to pull the trigger and download it. I love my clear notifications with my black wallpaper background. It's elegant, noninvasive, and ingrained in my DNA. My hope is they made some sort of improvement that will bring me to the dark side.

Thank you for listening to my diatribe lol.

2. xrevilationx, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

3. xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

Hopefully someone can verify if they improved this at all...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. victoriani macrumors member

No it is as it was in beta. I think it's quite refreshing. It'll take a bit of getting used to, that's all. Just have to go with the times! :)

5. xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

What device do you own? One would hope they made it ipad pro friendly, and not have such huge bubbles covering your display, in ugly grey no less! Lol.

6. victoriani macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Getting an iPhone 7 on Friday!

Yeah, I was a bit like o_O. It's just different and takes time to get used to.

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

Why an earth controlling the music app need to be a separate card?? Just a huge "empty" card rather than play/x-buttons on the first page.

8. xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

Like I said earlier , the extra steps to access anything make absolute no sense. Didn't they realize, when they were pitching this during presentation meetings with the execs, that folks don't like when things are made more tedious. They want it simple, and easy as possible.

They made many disgruntled apple customers today. Apple has never been the same since Steve Jobs and his gift for innovation has left us.

In my opinion, this new operating system is a step backwards, not forwards.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Basically it seems that they probably did it to de-clutter an already busy Control Center where separated different groups of functionalities.

10. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

It ain't that bad, overall i think ios10 is one of the best releases in recent history

11. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

So go back to 9.3 as soon as you can before Apple stop signing it. Then stop complaining.

12. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Theres so many times when i tried to adjust the brightest and the notifications center would slide to the left and right. Like wtf :$

13. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

So far liking every bit of iOS 10.
    Swipes don't bother me in the least.

14. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

I dislike it too. I hate that you cant organise notifications by app anymore. And control centre on the iPad is especially confusing, as pages aren't necessary when you actually have the display real estate...

15. Pipper99, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I've been running the public beta, and I don't like Control Center, either. A lot of usable space is taken up with those large Night Shift, Airplay and Airdrop buttons. I'd like to see more buttons and functionality in that space. Also, I find it annoying when I try to drag the slider to dim the brightness, I frequently swap screens to the music controls.

16. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

The extra space on the ipad should be put to better use, especially the pro

17. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

18. xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

Couldn't agree with you more my friend.

19. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I can't tell the last time I adjusted brightness. Auto Brightness works perfectly fine for me.

20. Hornet9988 macrumors newbie

I agree. I liked sorting by app so I could get all the information and notifications at once. For example see all of AP's news updates as well as CNN's at the same time. That way I could laugh at the the differences. Sorting by date only is lame. At least offer the choice like before.

21. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I personally like the card system. It makes it easier to interact with notifications, which is the whole point, and Control Center was getting rather crowded. There are definitely faults, like they could be making better used of the wasted space taken by the Night Shift toggle. But I like that music is separated out.

Especially on my 9.7" iPad Pro where it shows all my AirPlay sources right there on the card. I use this all the time, particularly with my iPad, and it could be a hassle in the old Control Center.

22. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

I like most of the new iOS 10 features, but the UI is getting bloated just look at the Night Shift Button or the Music app. But the real problem I have is with Notification Center.

The lack of grouping/clustering/sort by app is a problem, so much wasted space. But at least I can make sure I know the name of the app, because it's repeated over and over and over...
    IMG_3860.PNG

23. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

24. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

That is a bit ridiculous, for sure. I am just thankful that I can clear all at once, honestly. If I don't react to it immediately, I probably don't need to see it and have just been too lazy to turn off notifications for that app.

25. xrevilationx thread starter macrumors member

xrevilationx

Does so for me as well.