Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Why an earth controlling the music app need to be a separate card?? Just a huge "empty" card rather than play/x-buttons on the first page.

Agreed. I wish Apple gave us a way to customize the control center. Most of these gigantic bubbles I don't use. And to have two pages of control center is a pain. Hope they change this is a future update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
One more odd thing, when I get banner notifications while the phone is unlocked I can't swipe up and dismiss them quickly. In iOS9 you could just swipe up and they would go away, now you have to wait until they are gone. Not a big deal but when they take up so much screen space, it's sort of annoying. Am I missing something?
Swiping up seems to work for me.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Thank you, but I do know how to adjust it. I'm 55, though, and I need it to be brighter than it thinks it should be for the surrounding light.
Ok. That's why I didn't wanna be presumptuous and give you the instructions. Just to clarify, you've got it turned up high in low light situations (auto brightness controlled)? Because I've seen people that have their auto brightness settings pretty high in pitch dark.

Wish there was some advice I could give. Definitely, give Apple feedback.

Reactions: Pipper99

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
That's another great point.

I was watching a movie in the dark the other night and my phone kept taking me out of the moment lighting up the room like a beacon.
Not to mention the green icons were what seems a bit bigger on ios9, and against black background they popped, with my bad eyes i can see a lot easier if it's a msg from someone on whatsup i was waiting for, or from some person i could ignore that i know always uses kik or skype... now the colors dont pop really, and they seem smaller. It's harder to see and i have to grab the phone to see and read the name. It's unclear to me - throughout the whole beta period that i used it. Compared to the other phone on ios9, which i really preferred using for that reason a lot more.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

xrevilationx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Went back to iOS 9. Couldn't get used to it at all. Apple really screwed the pooch on this one.

7enderbender

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2012
North East US
Yep. It's awful. The simplicity and form-follows-function aesthetic that once made Apple products attractive is slowly replaced by some candy-store-colored bloated nonsense that maybe is supposed to appeal to teenage girls in Asia but is becoming more and more questionable for professional use. Spent half an hour this morning to turn off as much of the nonsense as I could. Message app is still a joke though with the little heart/gesture thingy at the bottom. Who wants stuff like this??
Makes me miss my old Blackberry even more.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood since I was forced also to "upgrade" my Mac to Sierra from Mavericks since there was no way to get TimeMachine and the connected drive to work properly again since the last "security upgrade". In return I was up until 3 to fix and reinstall the plug ins and drivers for my recording hardware.

I think it's time for Apple to release a "pro" version of their respective operating systems. Otherwise please explain to me why I now end up with stupid "Siri" on my Mac when I don't even want it on my phone?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I think it's time for Apple to release a "pro" version of their respective operating systems. Otherwise please explain to me why I now end up with stupid "Siri" on my Mac when I don't even want it on my phone?

I found your "Pro" switch

setting.png

Reactions: johaen8

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Sure. But it's still there, eating resources somewhere. And I wish they would allocate some resources fixing problems that lots of people are dealing with who use Macs for audio production and/or photo editing.
If it's disabled, how's it eating resources elsewhere? I'd imagine that if Siri was disabled, it wouldn't be taking up any of the OS resources.

Reactions: simonsi

xrevilationx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
How do you stop the reminders that pop up asking me to upgrade to 10. It's so annoying, now that it's popping up twice a day. Any way to turn them off?

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
How do you stop the reminders that pop up asking me to upgrade to 10. It's so annoying, now that it's popping up twice a day. Any way to turn them off?
This is very off topic, different type of notifications too. There are separate threads for this, and the answer in short is: no, there's not a switch you can flip to make the OS upgrade stop

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I do wish they'd group notifications together per app. It's pretty annoying to see so many bubbles on the screen. They could really condense them.

My only thought is how a group bubble would work for sliding it to reply. How would it know which message you're trying to see or reply to?

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I solved the problem, I am on FaceTime a lot, and your screen lights up, but you don't get notifications anymore. So that's a lot better.. I say sarcastically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.