Absolutely loving the iPad calendar

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FSUSem1noles, Apr 9, 2010.

1. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It's actually my preferred method for updating my calendars now
    . I wish apple would incorporate the calendar layout into it's OS X..

2. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

Dumb question, but can it sync with either Google Calendar or Outlook?

3. diabolic macrumors 68000

4. jeremyblevins macrumors member

5. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

Same :D

It is amazing

6. whistler222 macrumors 6502

7. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Have you noticed that you can't delete goggle appointments from the iPad calendar? I'm not sure what is wrong???

8. erillanos macrumors member

how did you sync more then one calendar .

9. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

10. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I use it with MobileMe and it works great!

Now my calendar is synced on my Air, my iPhone and my iPad

Sweet.

iPad calendar app is by far the coolest looking.

11. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I have my google calendar set up using CalDAV, it allows you to delete events.

12. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Awesome thank you for that. I was sync'ing based off googles instructions of setting up the sync as an exchange server.

Thanks again.

13. mbell75 macrumors 6502

I would also like to know this.

14. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Settings > mail, calendars > Add account > other > iCal > server = www.google.com > username = your full email address > password = your email password > save.

15. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

It's hard to incorporate this design into OSX because its need for a multitouch display...

16. citi macrumors 65816

citi

I'm having a slight problem with my google sync. I made some changes to a couple of events while at a meeting and I wasn't in a wifi area when it finally connected it deleted them off the iPad. Strange thing is, I thought they were gone so I added them again and when I went to google there were 2 separate events.

Now here is the strange thing. Those accounts I changed while at my meeting WILL NOT sync to my iPad no matter what I do. It's as if the iPad has locked them out. Every other event, new and old has synced perfectly.

I need to find a way to reset the system. I have deleted and re-added the caldev and they do not show up. Anyone have any thoughts?

17. marcopolo007uk macrumors member

Disapointed that you can't "swipe" to advance a day like iBook! Apart from that it's much better than the iPhone version, where I use pocket informant.

18. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

+1 on the swipe. I can swipe to turn a page in iBook but not in calendar :(

Btw I love the iPad calendar just add the swipe plzzz

19. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

Totally agree; it's a little perk I didn't expect to be so great on the iPad, but it is.

20. johnmoorejohn macrumors member

Does google calendar and/or the iPad calendar offer email reminders?

21. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

Being a photographer, this was my MAIN reason for buying an iPad.

On the builds: The month selector at the bottom is too small. Maybe adding a rolodex type slider at the bottom would be useful? Swiping would be great. Access to the settings for the calendar while in the calendar would be awesome as well. How about a double tap on a day to bring up the add new entry pane?

I would also like to see Apple add a native task manager within the calendar to mimic the basic Franklin Covey method for planning. This is by far and away, my biggest nitpick of the application... lack of task management.

That being said, I LOVE the calendar application. It is much more like using a paper based planner, and much easier to see and manage with the 10" screen.

22. gtsipad macrumors member

My one gripe so far with calendar is that you can select which calendar when you create an event. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the calendar that an entry is linked to after it's created. Doesn't make sense. I've had to delete an event and then re-create it, remembering to select which calendar it belongs to. And the calendars you can select to create an appt for are the ones that are native to the iPad...e.g. I cannot choose to create an event for my gmail calendar. Am i doing something wrong?

23. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

In 4.0 you will be able to change an "invited" event.

24. Red5403 macrumors member

I thought I was nuts for wanting this too. Glad to hear I'm not alone. I just automatically tried to swipe and was disappointed it didn't work.

25. aperry macrumors 6502a

I love the layout of the calendar, but I think it was rushed. First of all, in the day view Apple went out of their way to make it look like a book, but never implemented the "swipe page turn" functionality that's offered in the iPad's book reader (even though it shows page turns when you change the day). Second, creating an appointment forces you to use dials, which is a clunky and inefficient way to handle drop-down menus on the iPad. Additionally, the intuitive thing to do for creating an appointment would be to touch-hold the timeslot in the calendar view to have the new appointment menu appear with the timeslot preselected, and I'm surprised they didn't implement something like this. I'm also disappointed that they still don't support URL links in the notes section.

Other than those, I do love the new layout!