Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Where are the lines drawn here?

Moderators confirmed that calling someone a "whiny bitch" is ok today, to my surprise. Any clarification, please, mods?

Thanks.
You dont happen to be a public figure do ya? Darn.

budhardy

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2017
I am equally perplexed. There are numerous homophobic comments in this post, yet moderators are banning individuals who call out these offensive remarks. How is this fair? I do not understand why moderators allow users to make anti-gay comments. Could you please clarify this policy?

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
I am equally perplexed. There are numerous homophobic comments in this post, yet moderators are banning individuals who call out these offensive remarks. How is this fair? I do not understand why moderators allow users to make anti-gay comments. Could you please clarify this policy?
What is a ”homophobic comment” or an ”anti-gay comment”? Link?

budhardy

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2017
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 8.23.25 AM.png

Pictured above is a homophobic post for example, and here is the link: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...oop-band-and-watch-face.2425521/post-33109826

How is this post not insinuating homophobia?

budhardy

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2017
Here's another one:

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 8.28.58 AM.png

This user is mocking the use of the term "partner" to describe a gay person's significant other, pointing out its other meanings, such as a law enforcement colleague or a cowboy's associate. Why should it matter whether a gay person refers to their significant other as "partner," just as a law enforcement officer or cowboy refers to their associates?

To clarify, I am not insulting or accusing anyone. I am simply highlighting a post that may be in violation of the rules.

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
Here's another one:

View attachment 2383524

This user is mocking the use of the term "partner" to describe a gay person's significant other, pointing out its other meanings, such as a law enforcement colleague or a cowboy's associate. Why should it matter whether a gay person refers to their significant other as "partner," just as a law enforcement officer or cowboy refers to their associates?

To clarify, I am not insulting or accusing anyone. I am simply highlighting a post that may be in violation of the rules.
Almost everyone is calling their spouse/wife/husband (the correct word) ”partner” (work/activity/aSSociate). So this member is specifically calling out gay people? Or did you just make that up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: eltoslightfoot

budhardy

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2017
So he HAS to celebrate a specific sexual orientation or else he is ”homophobic”? Is this correct?

Could you please clarify who you are referring to? Additionally, when did the topic of celebrating a sexual orientation come up? The post in question pertains to a user mocking the LGBTQ+ community's use of the term "partner" to refer to their significant other.

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
Could you please clarify who you are referring to? Additionally, when did the topic of celebrating a sexual orientation come up? The post in question pertains to a user mocking the LGBTQ+ community's use of the term "partner" to refer to their significant other.
I happen to know the user just oppose the word in general….

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
Ah, so you don't like that gay people use the word "partner" to refer to each other?
No couple with any sense would/should use an agenda driven word. Not if theyre not police/military/coworker etc…

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
It very much is, and thank you for bringing this up.
Its not. ”Phobia” is an anxiety disorder. Many of you are using completely made up words. If it was real I think you would need to see a users medical records, or ”you guys” are actually throwing around slurs all the time.

Which probably is against the forum rules? And you should be banned, or at least warned?

jimjohnson4169

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2024
Its not. ”Phobia” is an anxiety disorder. Many of you are using completely made up words. If it was real I think you would need to see a users medical records, or ”you guys” are actually throwing around slurs all the time.

Which probably is against the forum rules? And you should be banned, or at least warned?
I am a gay man, I refer to my significant other as my partner. We are not married, or I would refer to him as my husband.

It's important to clarify that the term "homophobia" is commonly used to describe negative attitudes and behaviors towards LGBTQ+ individuals, rather than referring to a medical anxiety disorder. It is not intended as a medical diagnosis but rather as a social term to address prejudice and discrimination. Using "homophobia" in this context is not meant to be offensive or inaccurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.