Accessing Advanced Printer Settings on Epson XP 635

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by expressionist, Nov 21, 2015.

1. expressionist macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just set up an Epson XP 635 Wi-Fi printer.

From my Windows 7 Professional laptop (sorry), everything works fine: when I go to print, I can see advanced settings where I can select things like paper type, quality, double-sided, etc.

But on my girlfriend's MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8, I can see a basic print dialogue, but none of these advanced settings anywhere. I feel like I'm missing some simple 'advanced settings' button/mode somewhere, but I can't find anything about that online.

Any ideas much appreciated.

2. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

In one of the drop down boxes in the print dialog is an option for paper handling... Once you select the options appear in the main dialog... It's the drop down menu under the icons for portrait and landscape... It's not intuitive at all.

3. expressionist thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, OK - I can see that setting now in Acrobat and MS Word, for instance - click on 'Paper Handling' and instead select 'Print Settings' - but I still can't see anything like that in Photoshop (admittedly quite an old version of photoshop) or InDesign - so maybe it's software specific problem? And thanks - at least now I can print to PDF and from there print to the Epson

4. expressionist thread starter macrumors newbie